PDA

View Full Version : BOX 4 Mounting holes on 2" Double Female?

Braxus
08-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Does the "Box4 mounting Holes" service fit on a 2" double female?
thanks guys :)

acerocket
08-16-2009, 10:40 PM
I doubt it will. From the product descrition, the box is 2.25" long. That makes it longer than your 2" DF section. You will be able to get the holes in the 2" DF section but they will most likely pass through the female threading inside the 2" DF. I doubt you could tap them too. You will need to use a nut inside and I highly suspect they will interfere with any male threaded part you screw into it.

Darth Quin
08-17-2009, 07:06 AM
I don't think it will fit only on the 2" piece but the screw holes centers are roughly 1" apart so depending on what you attach to the section you can get the switch on and you can tap through the threading just clean the threading and use a longer screw.

dgdve
08-17-2009, 07:14 AM
if it could be done it will require a serious amount of forethought.. like he said IF(big if) you could tap the threads you could install it, just insert the males into the females BEFORE you drill, that said "dont ever lose hope.. if theres a will...blah blah" and around here things tend to get solved quickly
~dave

Jedi Guardian
08-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Or (and I know the extra inch would probably blow your hilt design out of proportion) you could just use the 3 inch smooth extension.

Braxus
08-18-2009, 05:34 PM
well i know the box itself is bigger then the double female but i dont think the holes are all that spaced apart, and might fit. i wish i had one to compare

acerocket
08-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Well I happen to have a Box4 and a double female 2" section and gave them a look this afternoon. You can drill through the 2" section and it will go through the female threading. You cannot tap thiese holes however as you will have less than 1/16" of material thickness at that location. If you do screw the male part into the 2" section, it will leave the edge of the male threaded part (assuming it is a blade holder and not a pommel of double male section with the shorter threads) near the center of the holes. This means you would have to drill into the male threading with a half hole. This could be done providing you want to drill and tap through the 2" section and into the males threads of the other part. It is not going to be an easy to do process and I don't think I would try it without seriously thinking and planning it out.

Braxus
08-18-2009, 08:46 PM
thanks ace. that helps alot. ill just stick with a regular switch or maybe a guarded one. too much hassel.

sithlordfaust
08-18-2009, 09:41 PM
or you could use the bezel for the Illuminated switch