PDA

View Full Version : What is available?

ErikTheHack
08-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Can anyone tell me what sound boards are still available?

It doesn't seem like they're making the UltraSound boards anymore and from what I've been able to tell the Crystal Focus boards are nearly impossible to get.

Also if one wanted to go HyperBlade it doesn't seem like they have sound modules available either.

What's one to do for a new build these days?

Thanks,
Eric

Invisas1979
08-15-2009, 02:17 AM
Look for Broken MR sabers and then gut them for the boards. Hasbro are doing a line of sabers which have sound boards though the quality it's so good as the MR.

The US boards do come up from time to time and as you said the CF boards are golddust.

ErikTheHack
08-15-2009, 02:52 AM
So is that a confirmation that they don't make the US boards anymore? :confused:

Invisas1979
08-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Well Tim has some in stock a couple of weeks ago so I'm assuming that they are still produced.

The thing is, they are made on a small scale and take a while to make. When they have made a few then they put them up for sale. They don't make 1 and then sell it.

So I believe yes they are still produced but getting one is tricky. The same for the plecter labs boards.

But I'm no expert, so don't quote me.

Jedi-Loreen
08-15-2009, 07:16 AM
No, you're not an expert. :p

The Ultrasound boards that Tim had a few weeks ago were ones he got back from being upgraded. He sent about 30 boards back for that, several months ago. He doled them out 5 at a time to try and give people a chance to buy them so they weren't all gone at once.

There's another group of Ultrasound boards in production right now. But who knows when they will be ready and for sale.

There will be more CF boards coming out at the end of this month, but they are only sold through Plecter Labs, so you have to be signed up on the website to even get a chance to buy these. They are usually gone in a matter of minutes once they go up for sale, so you have to be on the website at the moment they go up, ready to buy.

Kal El Rah
08-15-2009, 12:37 PM
J-Lo, you beat me to it LOL.:mrgreen:

tinfoilhelmet
08-16-2009, 01:19 AM
it's hasbro or no go, bro.
these things have been slim pickins for years and i mean years.

Count Malik
08-16-2009, 02:08 AM
true. MR/Hasbro fx boards or hasbro toy saber boards;)

Strydur
08-16-2009, 08:29 AM
UltraSound 2.5 looks to be moving along nicely and has some new features you will all like plus the old issues are gone.

Jasten Skywalker
08-16-2009, 08:44 AM
UltraSound 2.5 looks to be moving along nicely and has some new features you will all like plus the old issues are gone.

That is great news!

Kal El Rah
08-16-2009, 04:16 PM

Do you mean UltraSound 2.2 Strydur?;)

dgdve
08-19-2009, 08:55 AM
yes i eagerly await these "new features" hehe i think ill hold off another month on my personal build and finish some other projects in the meantime.. great news Tim

yell0w_lantern
08-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I really want to get one for my brass Graflex. I don't remember seeing an ETA on the 2.2s though.

Count Malik
08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Awsome!!! gunna have save up my pennies again...:cool: