PDA

View Full Version : New MHS Grip Section...

strengthofrage
08-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Hey guys/girls,

I just received my latest order from Tim... The new 4" MHS grip section, the 'mara jade looking' one with the pre drilled & tapped screw holes... awesome. Very well done addition to the MHS system. It looks and feels fantastic! If you were thinking about ordering one of these you wont be disappointed (not that we ever are with MHS)... just dont forget the correct size screws ;)

Invisas1979
08-13-2009, 04:49 AM
That looks really good, I wish I'd know about those before placeing my order the other week. Are the grooves as deep as the ribbed extensions? Can you get a regular MSH speaker combo in it????

strengthofrage
08-13-2009, 01:23 PM
The groves are not deep at all, just enough to give it the look of the long sections being separated a bit. No where near as deep as the ribbed sections.

The ID is the same as the other main hilt pieces as far as I can see.

Amanita
08-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Which style number is it?

Jedi-Loreen
08-13-2009, 02:00 PM
This one:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/4-Double-Female-Grooved-P454.aspx

Eco
08-15-2009, 10:52 PM
So... I'm just curious, what are the holes even there for?
Aligning grips on top of it?

Lord Dottore Matto
08-15-2009, 11:13 PM
So... I'm just curious, what are the holes even there for?
Aligning grips on top of it?

For looks. Add screws for a Mara-style grip.

Eco
08-15-2009, 11:28 PM
I see.
If you were to try and put grips on top of it, you'd have to work pretty hard to find screws that aren't too long, but still accommodate the thickness of your grips...

ARKM
08-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Eco, the purpose of this piece is to simulate MJ grips. You are not supposed to add anything to the outside other than screws. In other words, the piece itself are the "grips" (albeit, fake ones). I'm surprised that you haven't seen this concept utilized, in these forums, on a saber I posted and later, a saber Rhyen posted.

Zero
08-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Here is a picture of a saber that I built using the new grooved MHS piece.
I also included a picture of the same saber using the plain 4in double female piece that I was using before I got this new piece. It makes a dramatic difference don't ya think?

dgdve
08-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Ohhh "Hell Yeah... thats a big difference" which led/board are running now?

strengthofrage
08-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Yep, nice upgrade :)

A little black paint in the grooves adds some depth, I painted them on mine and like how it turned out.

Zero
08-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Ohhh "Hell Yeah... thats a big difference" which led/board are running now?

I am using a royal blue lux 3 and using a 1000 buckpuck.

vorian89
09-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Can a covertec clip be mounted on it? Not sure if it is the right diameter. Is it to big, to small, just right... just wondering. I see that the discription says the clip will fit 1.5" diameter and the grooved OD is 1.625".

Eco
09-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah, it should fit. Mind you, the clip won't sit flush against the saber, but if you sand down the inside edge of the wheel mount, or just use a longer screw, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Eco, the purpose of this piece is to simulate MJ grips. You are not supposed to add anything to the outside other than screws. In other words, the piece itself are the "grips" (albeit, fake ones). I'm surprised that you haven't seen this concept utilized, in these forums, on a saber I posted and later, a saber Rhyen posted.

Oh, I comprehend that. But, since when does a DIY hobby community use parts in exactly the way they're intended?

strengthofrage
09-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I have this grip on my current project, covertec fits great.

vorian89
09-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks. I was just wondering. I have been trying to get the rubber hand grips to work with my saber i plan to build, but they just didn't seem to match what i was going for. as soon as i saw the picture of the extention i knew that was it.

strengthofrage
09-03-2009, 04:55 AM
If you are thinking of ordering one, you wont be disappointed. It feels great in your grip and works very well visually too.