PDA

View Full Version : It's about time I introduce myself.

Iria
08-02-2009, 10:18 PM
So, to start off, my name is Iria. Pronounced just like the man's name "Ira" I just threw in a silent 'I'. Just to be clear, my name, in fact, does not rhyme with "diarrhoea".

Heh. Yea. Any way, I'm an American, born in Ohio, raised in Illinois. I moved to Queensland, Australia (the Gold Coast) over two years ago to be with my now husband. I'm in my lower twenties, my favorite food are green martini olives.

I spent/spend most of my free time online or on a computer, and I've found one of my biggest worries is whether or not I'm getting my point across! I am non confrontational, and it takes a whole lot to offend me but I worry about whether or not people can read that from my postings! If I ever offend some one, let me know and I will try and rectify the problem!

I'm currently unemployed, thankfully, and looking forward to starting Uni next year, though I've yet to decide what to do as a career. I'm a big time gamer of small time games. I love reading fiction and fantasy, I don't watch a lot of TV, I have a fantastic lego collection, I'm a Star Trek fan, as well as a Star Wars fanatic.

I have two cats and I hope to one day have one more cat, two dogs, several fish tanks, a python, and a tortoise.

I really enjoy costuming and love working with my hands. Normally I can pick up new skills with out too much drama. I've been lurking around the forums, reading, and posting here and there for quite a while now but I thought I should actually introduce myself!

I do have a sketch of the sabers I hope to one day construct, some where, but I can't seem to find them! I'll post them as soon as I do. I've also always fancied myself a grey Jedi from habit, though not from any strict reason. I've not got a costume yet, but I'm working on that!

I'de love to answer questions and get to know you all better!

I did just want to say thank you to everyone on the forum though! I've been to many a forums and this is honestly one of the most polite, constructive, and helpful forums out there! Well, you guys and the Brass Goggles forum.

Cheers!

~Iria

(By the way, is my display picture visable to everyone? I can't actualy see it unless I go to my user page, but never on a post.)

Lord Dottore Matto
08-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Welcome young lady! I am sure J-Lo will chime in in a moment, but it is always nice to welcome a new lady into our community. I will tell you the sam thing I tell the guys...read the links in my sig and you will be in for an enjoyable time here. BTW, cannot see your avatar.:mrgreen:

Iria
08-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks Lord Dottore Matto! And don't worry, most of what I do here is read! I've gone through all the starter threads and I'm still a long way away from even ordering my parts, let alone asembly. :) I hope I havn't posted anything too...well...stupid, for lack of a better word. :oops:

Now, I just have to sus out how to get my avatar to show. :)

Lord Dottore Matto
08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks Lord Dottore Matto! And don't worry, most of what I do here is read! I've gone through all the starter threads and I'm still a long way away from even ordering my parts, let alone asembly. :) I hope I havn't posted anything too...well...stupid, for lack of a better word. :oops:

Now, I just have to sus out how to get my avatar to show. :)

Everyone calls me LDM. I see in shout that J-LO and Weirdo are helping you get the avatar ironed out. Reading will serve you well! Welcome again.;)

Jedi-Loreen
08-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Yay, another female. :D

Though sadly, it seems like most females just want to build one saber, often for a certain costume, then they disappear and never come back. :(

Iria
08-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Don't worry. I want to build TWO sabers and never come back!

Honestly, my habbit is to delve into a fourm, hang out for a while, get distracted, then come right back. So I tend to flicker in and out.

Lawrs1
08-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here with us

cardcollector
08-03-2009, 05:13 AM
Greetings.:D welcome to the club and enjoy your stay!

Sairon
08-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Welcome to the forums, we hope to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Have fun and read up!;)

Kal El Rah
08-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Welcome Iria, Glad to have you here and I'm also a Trekker from 1966;), have fun and enjoy, lots of great info here.:cool:

virus692
08-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Welcome to TCSS have a look around if some things look upside down thats kuzz Your downunder...

Best of luck with you saber builds...

Lonewind
08-04-2009, 04:18 AM
Welcome and enjoy your stay! :p

$tarkiller
08-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Have fun building those 2 sabers! Welcome, by the way. we look forward to seeing your work.

Alcfalath
08-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi Iria,

I take it that you are the same Iria on the Tatooine Forums, and are doing up a costume for RL :) If so I am quite happy to help you out with anything you need. I am also the Jedi Temple Master over here for the Knights of the Jedi Order, so if you need any tips, hints or advice to help you along feel free to ask, or post them here or on Tatooine Base :)

Anyways welcome again and I look forward to seeing your progress :)

Matt

Barmic Rin
08-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Welcome! Enjoy, read, build, enjoy!!! In that precise order! :-P

Iria
08-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Alcfalath: Actually, I'm not. That's odd, I didn't know there were other people running about with my name. :-?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!