PDA

View Full Version : Saberpike v2.0

Darth Demens
07-31-2009, 09:09 PM
So, I took some of what people said to heart, and decided to do a complete revamp of my saberpike concept.

For those with other things on their mind, version 1.0:
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/253/saberpike.png

Version 1.0 was a 100% MHS Build, but it lacked a general "pike-ness", and was in fact described to me as more of "a lightsaber on top of a stick"

So, after much redesigning (and spending less time on PC in saberbuilder) I am proud to present:

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8688/saberpikev2.png

Saberpike v2.0 (just imagine a 1.25" tube continuing out past the Sound/Crystal Chamber.)
Edit: Forgot to mention, the above parts are approx 22", and the tube would stick out about 3' beyond that
Planned internals include:
Guarded Style Switch, Red
4xAAA battery pack
Corbin's Driver Board
Economy Hasbro Sound board
Seoul P4 White w/Tim's Filters / Red Lux III - via quick disconnect

So, any suggestions, comments?

Kal El Rah
07-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Just to say looking much better than 1.0:cool:

Titoshi
08-01-2009, 09:02 AM
me likey.

Sairon
08-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I think it looks much better, now get off your butt and make it already.

$tarkiller
08-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I second the above statement.

sekrogue1985
08-01-2009, 02:06 PM
interesting...

Darth Demens
08-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I think it looks much better, now get off your butt and make it already.

I second the above statement.

I'm at a loss, I'm not sure what I want to do next, make this, or finish off the staff from my signature. Its sitting in a halfway mode while I wait for both funds and parts to return to stock. On the other hand, "halfway" for a staff is still a full saber, so I could put it off and work on this.

Ah, the problems I find with this hobby.

Count Malik
08-02-2009, 09:54 AM
v2 looks much better! lol
Personally I think you should upgrade/finish your sig. saber.... But thats just my honest opinion.:D

$tarkiller
08-08-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm at a loss, I'm not sure what I want to do next, make this, or finish off the staff from my signature. Its sitting in a halfway mode while I wait for both funds and parts to return to stock. On the other hand, "halfway" for a staff is still a full saber, so I could put it off and work on this.

Ah, the problems I find with this hobby.

Yes, but once you actually get the money and have all the parts, and start the build, it's addicting, and once the build is complete, you are amazed.