PDA

View Full Version : New Saber Question.

Invisas1979
07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok so I've ordered some parts today and had a bit of an after thought. Will the speaker combo sit in the female section at the bottom in the same way it does a main body????? I'm thinking that it should have the same internal diameter as the main bodies, but I'm not certain. Here is the saber render.

Any help here would be had........

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/invisas/SaberBuilder_render.png

jtzako
07-30-2009, 10:43 AM
On mine it seems to fit between the threads for the main body and the pommel. I think the overall sizes are the same on all the parts so I dont see why it would not fit.

xl97
07-30-2009, 11:53 AM
it will probably be too long to fit in a 2" extension piece like you have.. so some of it will (as well as wires) will be seen at th etop and though your MILLED/SLOTTED double male piece (crystal chamber piece)

the speak holder is designed to catch the lip of the inner ID of 1.25 where as the thread portion is about 1.3 something I believe..

that is why the the speaker combo does NOT slide all around inside the tube/part.. and is locked in place by the mal ethreads of the pommel (or other part with male threads)

Invisas1979
07-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I thought it might be ok but the speaker doesn't go into the ribbed or v groved that I have so I thought it might be the same for all extension pieces. Guess it's not.

Can't wait to get my bits through........... lets make some sabers.

Invisas1979
10-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Ok so initially I had this down as being the saber I wanted to build
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/invisas/Randoms/SaberBuilder_render.png

But........ since getting the parts it became apparent how long this saber would have been as is, asthecically I didn't like it (it's going to be for my GF) and the reverse sound I wanted to do wasn't (no matter how much I filed the male with slots) going to get wires past the speaker/sound combo. The id of the male is smaller than standard hilt parts.

So after much fiddling I have settled on this....

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/invisas/Randoms/SaberBuilder_render-1.png

Not a massive amount smaller but far more pleasing asthetically and the parts I have will go in.

So....... This just leaves me to the the wiring for the sound and the 3w RGB (to create....... an nice pink) and to create a double shroud. I'm going to rub down the chome sink tube I have till it's copper and then cut a dooku grip style middle section and a second shroud for the emmiter which will mimic the lines of the emmiter.

This has been a testing build and I haven't even started on the main stuff yet.

Jedi-Loreen
10-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Are you sure you have a copper sink tube? Most sink tubes are chromed brass.

Invisas1979
10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Are you sure you have a copper sink tube? Most sink tubes are chromed brass.

Seems I'm getting my copper and brass mixed up today. I have both but I meant copper, I mean brass er.... maybe I don't know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Ha ha. I'll be using chromed brass.