PDA

View Full Version : blade holder concept.

goldsaberwarrior
07-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Now that I finaly have a bit of money I'm going to attempt the guardian saber I've had in the works for a few years. My main problem was coming up with a concept for the custom blade holders I would need to make it look like the one from Jedi Academy. This is the concept I came up with as an idea. I wanted to get some opinions on this and see what everyone thought about the concept.

The color gray is for the 2 blade holders that I was thinking of putting end to end. The blue is for the threads and the red is for a custom metal piece I had in mind for the spoon shape.

Here's a pic of the guardian incase anyone wants to compare.

http://www.sitharchives.com/other/images/jka/dual1.jpg

I'm not sure as to what I should do about the metal piece. The red would be for the spoon shape which i'm not sure how I would pull that off. Anyone have any ideas? The parts I was going to use are of course going to be from here. Any and all help is appreciated.

Sairon
07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Your "spoon" could be made out of metal sheeting, I don't know about the other stuff though.

goldsaberwarrior
07-28-2009, 12:08 PM
For the 2 blade holders I had the idea of possibly ordering 2 style 7 and having them modded. Not sure how that would look. Just take the threads off the fat ends and have the two put together there and then have one of the ends extended out and threaded. No clue if that would look right but that was my general idea.

Jedi-Loreen
07-28-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't know how you'd get that done from parts from the Store. Remember, Tim will only customize existing MHS parts. Extending and threading parts is something he doesn't do, since he has various machinist make the parts.

This looks to me more like something you'd need to have a machinist make for you from scratch.

goldsaberwarrior
07-28-2009, 04:33 PM
The sheet metal thing I can have done here where I live, I know a guy that would probably do it. My only concern is getting the gray and the blue parts of my schematic done. If I knew ace was still around I might ask him to do it but I'm not sure how I could get that done. It's confusing, lol. It looks like that only thing that I wouldn't be able to get from the store would be the emitters I would need. If nothing else I'll have to see if the guy that I talk to about the sheet metal can do it. If he can't I don't know what else to do. If my guy can I'll get Tim to powdercoat it if he would.

The length of the saber on the game is around 25-32 inches for the hilt. I planed on taking it down to about 20-25. If I had a 3d rendering with some measurements I might be able to get this guy to do it but I can't say for certain. The thing that stopped me a few years back was of course a cash problem. Any ideas as to how I should get the main part done? I hadn't thought about that until you said that about existing parts. Thanks JLo.

acerocket
07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Ace is still around. He just got busy with his everyday workload and doesn't have time to do custom sabers at the moment.

goldsaberwarrior
07-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Figured I would see if you were around still ace. Glad to see you still are. If I could find someone that could do it I would be set.

goldsaberwarrior
07-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Something I just thought about for this that may help my guy when i talk to him. Could someone on here make me a 3d image with measurements so i would be able to show the guy exactly what I need in order for it to fit with mhs parts? If anyone could do that or tell me the measurements I would need it would be greatly appreciated.