PDA

View Full Version : in a bit of a dilema...

Darth Vane
07-26-2009, 07:16 PM
ok so in 2 months the new Hasbro Obi TPM and Dooku ROTS come out. and i am thinking of selling my MR luke ANH on craigslist ( cant due ebay), so i can get the money to get the Obi-wan. but the more i think about it the more i hesitate. i mean its my first Fx lightsaber so i have grow'n attached to it.

so here's my question to you all:

Sell the Luke and get the Obi?

OR!

keep the luke?

Kal El Rah
07-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Well considering that the ANH Luke was only made by MR and is outa production, I would keep it and save up for the new Obi and Dooku.

Darth Vane
07-26-2009, 07:35 PM
hasbro made it as well. and what i hear its actually better.

Kal El Rah
07-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I stand corrected, then it's up to you how you want to handle the situation.

Darth Vane
07-26-2009, 08:04 PM
i could always get another one. so i gusse i will probably part with it. mabey.lol

Titoshi
07-27-2009, 02:29 PM
you have 2 months to save about $100-$120, I don't know your financial situation, but that is about $15 (for just one saber)a week, plus you would be able to keep you luke.

$tarkiller
07-28-2009, 08:59 AM
personally, I can assume thgat the dooku would be plastic and cheap, and large. The reason being is that it is a curved hilt, and it would be difficult to make a curvature out of metal. Idk if that is accurate or not, but if i is, do you want a plastic hilt?

Nightwing
07-28-2009, 05:16 PM
$tarkiller, that's a good point.
I personally wouldn't sell my ANH Luke (it was my first saber as welll). Besides, craigslist will get you very little. I'm guessing $50-$60 at most. I think that at that point, it'd be better just to save up a little more cash for the Dooku and keep the Luke.

I mean, hey, the ANH Luke saber is the "original" lightsaber prop. That in itself is pretty great.

Kurosawa
07-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Personally, I would wait until the reviews of both sabers came out before even thinking of parting with you Luke ANH. Something tells me that your Luke ANH is gonna have more metal on it that BOTH the obi and Dooku combined.....ok that may have been an exaggeration, but you get the picture. Ive seen pics of the dooku at comic con, and that looks like a ton of chromed plastic like the emitter on the anakin ROTS. Though again, thats just my $0.02.

$tarkiller
07-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Personally, I would wait until the reviews of both sabers came out before even thinking of parting with you Luke ANH. Something tells me that your Luke ANH is gonna have more metal on it that BOTH the obi and Dooku combined.....ok that may have been an exaggeration, but you get the picture. Ive seen pics of the dooku at comic con, and that looks like a ton of chromed plastic like the emitter on the anakin ROTS. Though again, thats just my $0.02.

My Anakin ROTS has no plastic on the hilt except for the brass colored buttons. Maybe it's he Anakin AOTC you're thinking of? At any rate, nightwing is als correct, it will be hard to sell a saber on craigslist, because it wouldnt be in that high of a demand. I second the motion to keep the luke and save for the doku/obi.

JamoUp
07-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I once NEEDED money and sold one of my guitars. It made perfect sense at the time, to sell something I rarely use to get something new, shiny, and/or necessary. DON'T DO IT! learn from my mistake! Save up. do chores around the neighborhood. Don't sell something that might have sentimental value to you.

Nightwing
07-30-2009, 11:12 PM
My Anakin ROTS has no plastic on the hilt except for the brass colored buttons.There were actually multiple versions of the saber; one of them was plastic.

Yeah, Jamo is correct. Sentimental value will come back to bite you hard.

Darth Vane
08-05-2009, 12:22 AM

This is actually what i am going to be doing. i am looking into a job right now so i can get payed. thAnks for all the advice guys!

$tarkiller
08-05-2009, 08:01 AM
There were actually multiple versions of the saber; one of them was plastic.

Yeah, Jamo is correct. Sentimental value will come back to bite you hard.

I actually didnt know that there were multiple versions of it. Glad I got the copper one!

dgdve
08-12-2009, 03:43 PM
not sure why you WOULDNT sell your saber.. i personally for the most part sell every saber i made, conversion or otherwise just because.. you can always do it again and way back when you had to make your own blade holders and such... now Tim has it set up so that you could possibly remake the exact same saber and cheaper then your version 1 original... make changes.. or go lux V, or maybe a better soundboard.. i know your attached to it... but you'll never be without it... its all in your mind and your heart... memories are there with you always.. its your choice but id sell it, build one more, sell it( i mean you got 2 months)... building sabers to me is more about the process.. not the objects.. but thats just me... in the end you must decide what is best for you..
~dave..

but a new saber.. that could be a good look for you ;)