PDA

View Full Version : ultrafire/trustfire chargers?

pipster79
07-24-2009, 10:02 PM
ok i just got a ultrafire charger wf-138 and am using it for 10440 aaa batteries. i didnt know that if the batteries go completely dead it wont try to charge. does anyone know if the trustfire charger does the same? or will it still charge dead batteries?

Jagahati
07-24-2009, 10:10 PM
The Trustfires that Tim sells have a PCB on them that insures that they will never go completely dead. They basically have a control circuit on them that makes them quit once they are drained to a certain point and also quit if they are charged over a certain point.

This acts as a safety mechanism as well as a battery life extender. If you don't understand why it is a safety measure I encourage you to get on you tube and look for "Lithium Ion Explosion" and watch around 50 or so of the results. That will probably give you a brand new respect for batteries and safety inside your sabers.

All that said I have used them in a couple sabers and have no problems with them or the charger.

pipster79
07-24-2009, 10:19 PM
tim can help me out with a charger but he doesnt sell the aaa size batteries and thats what i need to use, my parks hilt is to small for aa batteries

Eco
07-26-2009, 08:06 PM
If you can't fit the 3.7v's from the store, you could also wire two single Trustfire AA's in series, with one battery each in a one AA battery holder, or try checking the Trustfire website for the AAA equivalent.
The charger is an all-in-one, so it'll work for most Trustfire battery sizes.