Count Malik
07-22-2009, 05:10 PM
cool!

Kal El Rah
07-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Very nice Mako, bet Nova will like it8)

Novastar
07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Looking great, Mako... :) I was glad to get a few sabers built by you and see what they are like in person! :)

I honestly have no idea if these will or will not be used in BOP III... as that is predicated on a HUGE amount of factors, including:

* Will BOP III ever happen? Not without a full cast it won't. FULL being the key word at this point, as... SOME roles have possibly been allocated. :)

* If I do this for B3... will ALL the other sabers in the show (about 12 or 13 of them) need to "match"? As in... NOT be "Luxeon-style"? I have to ask myself about this, and that would be a tough, tough decision... :(

* Can I even afford that?!!!?!?!??!?!?! hahahhah... This is not to say any pricing is bad... not at all... just saying--it's tough these days with $$$... as we all know. And I already have ~20 Luxeon style sabers...

* Do I want to risk damaging the gorgeous Mako sabers??!?!?!? :confused: :confused: Therefore forcing ME to have to attempt repairs... or send them back to Mako and pay him for his time and efforts? This would be sad no matter what!!! :(

* Should I utilize them solely as for "special demos" or special vids... this seems to be a pretty darn good idea (at the very least)...

All that being said... I will certainly do a video and thank Mako (hopefully with a little spoken Mandarin too!)... and find a way to utilize the sabers in an intelligent way!

Xie Xie, Mako... :)

Now... back to the L-kicks camp... more training @ 8:30pm here on the West Coast... :D

--Nova

VeggieJedi
07-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Mako's work as brilliant as always, those are some fine sabers right there. I would love to see them in BOP III for sure! :D

Sairon
07-25-2009, 08:54 AM
With bop already being cool, adding makoto's sabers would just make it better.

sekrogue1985
07-27-2009, 10:41 AM
BOPIII yummy! I like the two in the middle.

Novastar
07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Sek, the two in the middle are the sabers Mako made... the others are just comparisons... MR Yoda and MR Maul. :)

I just received these today, so... YAY! :) I'll do a video for sure, but give me some time. I can already say:

* Exceptionally lightweight overall... this ASTOUNDED me, as... I've held the H-blades before, and they were pretty bloody heavy. This are quite a bit lighter than my Flange III sabers, and that is saying something as far as I'm concerned.

* Thin outer diameter too... which is always nice, and rare when it comes to the Luxeon style sabers--so... that is a bit of a treat!

* In this case--Powered by a single 18650 cell... I don't know if that is good, bad, perfectly fine, or otherwise... :)

* Definitely bright! My green Flange III is not quite as bright as the green Mako saber, and I haven't tested the red yet (besides, my Red Flange III is down for the count right now... d'ohhhh)

* The aluminum machining is GORGEOUS and I love the recessed switches. BEAUTIFUL work.

* The speaker positioning, resonance and ability to get to the battery cell is fantastic too. Pretty darn loud as well!! Nice res cavity in there!!!

* He even threw in a charger... that was pretty nice of him. :)

Xie Xie Mako!! More on this later... and I'll do my best to post this info & the video at FX and Judge's too if I get the time...

Gotta run...

Eandori
08-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Beautiful Sabers!!

dgdve
08-20-2009, 06:17 AM
any update on BOPIII? i followed your youtube for awhile now but i dont see any updates
~dave

Novastar
08-20-2009, 06:27 AM
None right now. I'm swamped with a dozen other things going on.

If only I had some assistants (in the local area). It's definitely a show now that has gotten to the point where I need a "right hand" and "left hand".

Kinda like Voltron? :P

Seriously though... when I think about BOP I--it's like... I could do THAT one quite easily now... :) But BOP III is a complicated thing to tackle.

A lot of sound work is done on it, and it's definitely 100% written and accounted for action-wise/staging-wise. Much of this was done back in 2007 and 2008 though. Now... I can't move forward without a team.

Some auditions were done though... so... we'll see. :) Good question, good point!