PDA

View Full Version : xbox live help?

jedi tom
07-22-2009, 07:50 AM
ok so my dad got post office broadband and it works fine exept for on my xbox 360. it reports a strict NAT and after about half an hour of playing it just disconnects me from xbox live and then just connects again after about 10 minuets. its really brgining to annoy me and any help would be greatly appreciated.

im running my xbox on a wirless connection and i have already tried adjusting the upnp on my routers configuration and googled to try and get information or help, but turned up nothing usefull.

X
07-22-2009, 08:54 AM
You have to open ports in your router's settings. You can find them on xbox.com just search for "ports that need to be open" and your router's site as to how to access your settings. Remember to double check to make sure your changing the settings in the right section You'll also have to give your 360 a static ip address.

VeggieJedi
07-22-2009, 09:58 AM
You will have to change your routers NAT type to "Open" in the routers settings and you should be set dude :D

Barmic Rin
07-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Tom, STRYDUR is RED 1.

Red, Gold & Blue squadrons were taken a long time ago...

goldsaberwarrior
07-22-2009, 01:17 PM
You never said which red leader, lol.

jedi tom
07-25-2009, 12:03 PM
ok so i had already activated the upnp but that didnt work iv also opened all the ports but no difference and i still have the problem that that after about 30 mins it disconnects me. i think its because thats just what the post office does that it has a limit on the amount of time your allowed on, is there any way to resolve this?

and if i used a different router would that make a differnce?

goldsaberwarrior
07-25-2009, 09:16 PM
If you've done that and it still won't work it's either the post office or your isp. I can't see why the isp would do that though. It's probably the post office like you said. If they have a time limit set for that you would have to turn the time limit off to get around that. If you can't turn the time limit off there's nothing you can do but deal with it. I don't know what to tell you beyond that except call xbox and see what they say. I would start and see for one if there is a time limit at the post office first and if so you would need to turn that off. Beyond what I've told you I can't think of anything else really to tell you or for you to do because there really is nothing else.