PDA

View Full Version : last question about pvc sabers i swear

Sidious_999
07-19-2009, 09:31 PM
does anyone own this heatsink?
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Luxeon-star-heatsink--P220.aspx

wondering if it would fit in 1" pvc pipe with 1"OD and 7/8"ID
otherwise wondering what jaygon uses for his pvc heatsinks? does he use any?

Jedi-Loreen
07-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Did you read the dimensions of that heat sink in the description? It says "almost 1 inch in diameter", so it will fit, but loosely.

Jay-gon doesn't use heat sinks because he uses Lux I LEDs in sabers that are meant for use by kids. These LEDs don't get that hot. Did you read his tutorial?

How much do we need to stress that you need to read? You could have answered both these questions yourself with a little looking for the answers. :rolleyes:

Lonewind
07-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Here is Jaygon's PVC tutorial- a good read:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=3266&page=23
Scroll down to post #228

Here is one of my latest PVC sabers:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=8459
Post #4 shows my home made copper heatsink for my Lux3 LED. Its cut from a solid copper tube using a dremel tool.

cardcollector
07-20-2009, 07:02 AM
This is from the description on his store...
Luxeon 3w,5w,K2 star mount/heatsink.
Great for custom hilt/blade holder building.
4-40 threaded holes for mounting the LED
Cutouts for power wires if you recess the holder
1" tall and almost 1" in diameter

Sidious_999
07-20-2009, 12:08 PM
first off LOREEN- i did read it- and it doesn't help anyone for you to yell at me- just ignore my friggin posts if thats all you are going to do- and second off the words : almost 1" tells me nothing specific-

Jedi-Loreen
07-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Fine.

I wash my hands of you.

cardcollector
07-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey, cool down there.:?

When it says "almost one inch" that should tell you it will fit in the PVC because the blade fits in there too. (and a blade is 1" OD)

A little research and common sense would've helped you out. don't get upset, we want to help. But we also don't want to answer questions that have been answered multiple time before.

Kal El Rah
07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
first off LOREEN- i did read it- and it doesn't help anyone for you to yell at me- just ignore my friggin posts if thats all you are going to do- and second off the words : almost 1" tells me nothing specific-

You have shown your inability to be cool under fire, not a good thing, chill out, take a step back and rethink who we are here and who you aren't yet.

Ifi you want help, you must be in a better trane of thought. :rolleyes:

Barmic Rin
07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Picking a fight with a council member...? #pulls up chair & opens popcorn#

Jedi-Loreen
07-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Hey, cool down there.:?

When it says "almost one inch" that should tell you it will fit in the PVC because the blade fits in there too. (and a blade is 1" OD)

A little research and common sense would've helped you out. don't get upset, we want to help. But we also don't want to answer questions that have been answered multiple time before.

You just remade the points I was trying to make in the first place. I was trying to make him think about it and figure it out for himself. (no, I'm not talking directly to him, he is now in the 3rd person)

Which he apparently didn't understand the first time. :roll:

cardcollector
07-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Picking a fight with a council member...? #pulls up chair & opens popcorn#
:D:D:D very funny Barmic * CC orders some Chicago style pizza*

Sidious_999
07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
ok im sorry i overreacted and will really start reading now- sorry loreen didn't mean to go all dark side on you- lol