PDA

View Full Version : i looked but i have a question

Sidious_999
07-14-2009, 12:50 PM
before you screaming at me for this question being asked- i used search and could not find it-

1. will using more cellophane wrap make the blade more evenly lit- i have heard it will and it wont

2. im buying some supplies from an ebayer and asked him for curved hilts- im sick of pestering him with questions so ill ask you- what does this mean:

"Curved PVC is a differnet animal all together. For some reason Curved conduit PVC has changed its tolerance just enough to where I have not been able to make a curve hilt in over a year."

Kal El Rah
07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
#1 4 to 6 ft.s is enough for a 1in thinwall and 4ft for thickwall

#2 to make the curved pvc comply with building regulations it has to be thicker

Sidious_999
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
is this the same thing as cellophane??

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Blade-film-P197.aspx

Kal El Rah
07-14-2009, 03:36 PM
No, that is known as Corbin Film, it has a different purpose, it makes the blade have a kinda extension-retraction effect and gives the blade a central core.

Jay-gon Jinn
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
The cellophane we use is clear plastic gift wrap. it is not sold in the store here. You can get it at your local dollar stores , craft stores or even Wal-Mart.....

Sidious_999
07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
are there any videos of a corbin film demo?
and do you put the cellophane in first and then the corbin inside the cellophane- ? i dont see it in the tutorial on making led blades

Jonitus
07-14-2009, 10:57 PM
are there any videos of a corbin film demo?
and do you put the cellophane in first and then the corbin inside the cellophane- ? i dont see it in the tutorial on making led blades

No. The Corbin film goes in the blade first. Then, your rolled up 4-6 foot of clear gift wrap (cellophane) goes in the blade.

Jedi-Loreen
07-14-2009, 11:24 PM
It would be very difficult to put the Corbin film in after the cellophane.

If you had both, you'd understand why.

Sidious_999
07-19-2009, 09:07 AM
ok - im making my lightsaber and only put cellophane in- its kinda dim so heres my question :

what exactly is this used for:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Blade-film-P197.aspx

all it says is blade film- ill be getting a diffuser for the blade and redoing the cellophane- but can this be used also or instead of something?

Jedi-Loreen
07-19-2009, 10:14 AM
That is the Corbin film. It's the only film the Store carries.

You already asked about that. :roll:

Sidious_999
07-19-2009, 10:35 AM
sorry but im getting confused-
i meant the diffuser-
im just kinda confused by cellophane-corbin film, and then the diffuser they sell- can you straighten this mess out for me?

Lonewind
07-19-2009, 10:45 AM
sorry but im getting confused-
i meant the diffuser-
im just kinda confused by cellophane-corbin film, and then the diffuser they sell- can you straighten this mess out for me?

I recommend you search for "Corbin film" and read each of the threads, thats the best way to learn. Some threads have picture that help too.

Jedi-Loreen
07-19-2009, 11:20 AM
The diffuser is just an opaque white tube, very easy to install. Easier than films, though it can stand a little cellophane inside it to even it out a little.

cardcollector
07-20-2009, 07:14 AM
The diffuser is just an opaque white tube, very easy to install. Easier than films, though it can stand a little cellophane inside it to even it out a little.

If you do that be aware it will dim the blade quite a bit. Especially if you use a thickwalled blade.