PDA

View Full Version : has a CF MR/ Hasbro Maul been done?

Darth Vane
07-14-2009, 05:15 AM
ok so i was looking through youtube and the MR conversion thread on here looking at what people have done and what not. then i realised that not ONCE did i see any take a MR/Hasbro double maul and upgrade it to a crystal focus. has any one done this?

i think it would be pretty easy to mod the hilt.

keep the turn switch(if possible) for activation de-activation.

and for the blaster,bladelock, and force action switch( mini or plunger tactile switch) drill out one of the fake leds near the top and put it in there. i would like to see this done with the reagular vader sound font done.

if any one has done it before post a vid i would realy like to do this in the future wheni have more experiance ( not to mention the money lol) i just think it would be cool to have a MR/Hasbro double maul with a crystal focus.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Kal El Rah
07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Modding the hilt would be easy, getting the CFSC is the hard part.:sad:

Lord Dottore Matto
07-14-2009, 10:47 AM
how would you access the microSD card? You would have to have a connector machined that did not screw in. Why on earth would you want a CF in an MR hilt anyways? That is like adding a Z06 crate engine to a Cobalt...;)

Darth_DevilGuy
07-14-2009, 10:49 AM
my question would by Why would you want to? IMO the graflexes yoda does and other replicas are one thing, but the CF's features are wasted on an MR/hasbro, I mean sure you could pull the engine out of a ferrari and shove it in a fiat, but everyone would laugh at you if you did.

--edit: and LDM beats me to it...

Kal El Rah
07-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Why on earth would you want a CF in an MR hilt anyways? That is like adding a Z06 crate engine to a Cobalt...;)

That has been done LDM;)

Kal El Rah
07-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I mean sure you could pull the engine out of a ferrari and shove it in a fiat, but everyone would laugh at you if you did.

--edit: and LDM beats me to it...

That has also been done, and nobody laughed considering that Ferrari is owned by Fiat:rolleyes:

Lord Dottore Matto
07-14-2009, 11:30 AM
That has been done LDM;)

I didn't say it hadn't, only that it shouldn't!;)

Jedi-Loreen
07-14-2009, 11:31 AM
And you both used car engine analogies. http://judgesabersmith.com/Smileys/default/005.gif

Double post Kal! :eek: Use the Multiquote feature. ;)

Kal El Rah
07-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Drag Racing LDM, Drag Racing:D

sekrogue1985
07-14-2009, 12:07 PM
one why would you want to. YOu could do a custom that would probably be cooler in so many ways. but that is just my personal take on the idea. ummmmm yeahhhhhhh about that......bark bark mooo

JediMasterDak
07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Maybe you could have a more accurate Maul machined that would be more "worthy" of a CF.

Thaxos
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Drag Racing LDM, Drag Racing:D

Kal, need I explain the absolute lunacy of drag racing an MR saber with a CF sound board? :p

Kal El Rah
07-14-2009, 03:41 PM
That response was to putting a C6 Corvette Engine in a Cobalt.:rolleyes:

Darth Vane
07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
all right allright no need for bashing! lol jk.

i dont know its just a project i have had in mind since i have found out about the crystal focus.

i think it would be cool....

ARKM
07-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't know much about cars and engines but I do know that I want to put a C6 Z06 engine in an '81 vette... if it will fit. Sadly, I do not have the cash for the engine, corvette and labor. *sigh*

Roy's Blues
07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Actually this is a project I was hoping to work on before the end of the year.
(installs and CF permitting)

I am going for a full Maul powered by a single CF.
Two speakers, forward sound
accurate accent Leds
2 P4 reds
Crystal pommel with leds.

It will not be separable, but that's fine with me.

So, Darth Vane do what you want with your CF, and don't let the naysayers hold you back.

Titoshi
07-15-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't know much about cars and engines but I do know that I want to put a C6 Z06 engine in an '81 vette... if it will fit. Sadly, I do not have the cash for the engine, corvette and labor. *sigh*

I will find out for you if you want, I work in a corvette race shop, I could even find you a C6 Z06 motor if you really wanted.