PDA

View Full Version : Need a name for this guy!

$tarkiller
07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Any criticism is welcome, an any suggestions for names would be welcome.
Oh yeah, It's gonna have a purple blade.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/littlemoneygrip777/untitled.jpg

Lawrs1
07-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Can't help with a name, but that going to be a nice looking saber

Barmic Rin
07-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Regius. Latin for Regal.

Also, nice design. Brass shroud around centre?

$tarkiller
07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Sort of, barmic. Mace styled tabs. And that is a good name. I will reflect on that one.

cardcollector
07-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I would call it "Coronus" Latin for crown. I really like the mix of colors!

xl97
07-13-2009, 09:04 PM
those are actually switch hole cover plates.. if you used what is in the Saber Builder App..

;)

Barmic Rin
07-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Actually looking at something almost identical for one of my fanfilm hilts...

Vazan Maceu
07-14-2009, 05:01 AM
Ultima Ratio. Jedi only use the lightsaber as a last resort, and the expression has a very similar meaning to that.

Kal El Rah
07-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Here's a name forya; "Hreeso Spathy"

That's Greek for "Golden Saber"

just something to ponder as an alternative to a Latin name:mrgreen:

$tarkiller
07-15-2009, 10:18 AM
those are actually switch hole cover plates.. if you used what is in the Saber Builder App..

;)

I dont care what they were put on sber builder for. I wanted it to look sort of like a mace-ish saber. BTW, Coronus it is.

JediMasterDak
07-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Sounds good and is going to look awesome $K!!! I can't wait to see this one finished :D:D

$tarkiller
07-15-2009, 11:45 AM
well, Rhyen is going to be helping with this one.....

cardcollector
07-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Alright!!! I feel so honored to have named another saber that is going to look awesome!:cool:

Alcfalath
07-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Looks to be interesting. Make sure you use quick connectors with the LED, for different colours. It would make a nice cyan and green as well.

Added note. Try to be a little less narky when quoting some members. That particular member that you became all snide about quoting a post of his, which 'was' directed at another member entirely, happened to build the Saberbuilder that you used to design your hilt. Just letting you know.

Tenric Starkindler
07-21-2009, 10:23 AM
I was looking at making the same configuration myself. Great minds mus think alike.... ;-)
good name too...

$tarkiller
07-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Looks to be interesting. Make sure you use quick connectors with the LED, for different colours. It would make a nice cyan and green as well.

Added note. Try to be a little less narky when quoting some members. That particular member that you became all snide about quoting a post of his, which 'was' directed at another member entirely, happened to build the Saberbuilder that you used to design your hilt. Just letting you know.

um, ok? Take a look at what he said. It was directed at me. No one was being "Narky".

tinfoilhelmet
07-23-2009, 05:03 PM
call it "The Penetrator"

goldsaberwarrior
07-24-2009, 12:52 PM
If Windu's and Obi Wan's lightsabers were to have a baby that would be it. I think it's pretty cool the animation you have so far. That looks to me more like a crimson slasher or something like that. lol I always did have a thing for "original" names.

Alcfalath
07-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Well, I read it as a reply to Barmic's question of Brass Shroud around the hilt, and refering to you to confirm thats what you did.

I dont care what they were put on sber builder for. I wanted it to look sort of like a mace-ish saber. BTW, Coronus it is.

Saying "I dont care..." as the first part of a post quoting another user, then following it up by using Bold as a accent for emphasis on a word such as 'I', just really scream as rude.

A better reply would have been, "Yes they were/I guess they are the switch plates from saberbuilder, however Im using them to represent Mace Windu styled tabs/plates on the saber." or something of that degree...

Hopefully you understand what I mean.

$tarkiller
07-28-2009, 07:10 AM
Well, I comprehend what you are saying, but honestly, if you want to go all the way back to it, I posted the saber render for help with a name. And even though I said any comments or criticisms welcome, that dosent really mean about the hilt. It is my design, and if I thought that switch plates would be ugly o not work, I wouldnt have put them on there.:p But going to what you said, that is fine and dandy. THAT is why I dont really post here that much anymore, because EVERYONE is walking on eggshells.

goldsaberwarrior
07-31-2009, 05:27 AM
Well, I read it as a reply to Barmic's question of Brass Shroud around the hilt, and refering to you to confirm thats what you did.

Saying "I dont care..." as the first part of a post quoting another user, then following it up by using Bold as a accent for emphasis on a word such as 'I', just really scream as rude.

A better reply would have been, "Yes they were/I guess they are the switch plates from saberbuilder, however Im using them to represent Mace Windu styled tabs/plates on the saber." or something of that degree...

Hopefully you understand what I mean.

He's just saying it doesn't matter what the part is called or used for but they work for his saber. Also the other guy was simply helping ID the part that he used in the render. I understood the way it was meant when I saw it.

As for correcting starkiller, though what you did was in good faith and not meant in a bad way it's not really appropriate here. If people can't re-read the posts in the thread and understand how it was meant then they don't need to post.

Star is competeant enough to watch his posts and not be rude. Just pay more attention to the posts next time Alcfalath.