PDA

View Full Version : Does TCSS provide building services?

Firedrops
07-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Can we like, use the MHS, get the parts we want, then ask the staff at TCSS to build/assemble them for us? if yes how much would that cost?

Jay-gon Jinn
07-03-2009, 07:29 AM
No, Tim does not have an assembly service. He just sells parts. If you want help wih having one assembled, look on the Fx-Sabers forums, there are people there that do that sort of thing.

Jedi-Loreen
07-03-2009, 09:36 AM
You can't screw your own parts together yourself? :rolleyes:

Or is it the electronics you need help with?

DarthHideous
07-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Can we like, use the MHS, get the parts we want, then ask the staff at TCSS to build/assemble them for us? if yes how much would that cost?

Dude, that's where the fun is, putting it together yourself.

IMAGINE !!! Lighting up a saber for the first time that you built yourself. Hearing that electronic hum, idle and clash. (Chills just went down my spine)
You won't ever forget it. Besides, if someone asks, you can say you built it yourself. Learning this is fairly simple. All the info and experience is right here in this forum. Try it. Like it you will. Good luck.

Maven
07-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know a Book that would help me learn a little about electronics and wiring? I know i can read it all here... but I like having books to read.

thanks!

Thaxos
07-12-2009, 07:25 PM
There are plenty of books available, check out a library or a book store, I'm sure the people there would be able to find you plenty of resources.

Onli-Won Kanomi
07-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Every Padawan must build their own lightsaber...it's one of the Trials...then, as Obi-Wan said to Luke "you've taken your first step into a wider World". LOL

Jedi-Loreen
07-16-2009, 09:18 AM
*Ahem*, it's "larger world", not wider. ;)

Waek_Hyndarus
11-01-2009, 01:28 AM
You can't screw your own parts together yourself?[SIZE=3] :rolleyes:

I agree with Hideous. I can only imagine so far what it must feel like to assemble your own saber. But still...

I think for some folks, like myself, who don't trust their abilities with wiring (never done it once in my life)....it can seem really intimmidating.

Is it all really as hard/complicated as it looks?

Shadar Al'Niende
11-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I was fairly intimidated about the wiring even after reading a TON here on the fourms...I asked questions, read online and even watched a few youtube videos...after that i knew i had the idea of soldering down...but not having any real life experience had me a little worried..

I burned myself pretty good, and had to repair my wiring a couple times since building the thing...but overall the process went EXTREMELY well. you just have to get educated and then practice on some spare bits of wire to practice :-D

Don't worry, its easier than you think and we are all here to help ;)

Kant Lavar
11-01-2009, 08:03 PM
I'd suggest "Electronics for Dummies." Hell, I recommend the "for Dummies" books for anyone starting out learning anything new. That's how I'm learning Java for when I put together an Arduino-controlled light/sound module for a proton pack.

Jedi-Loreen
11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
I guess I'm lucky, because I already had many years of soldering experience before I ever built my first "working" lightsaber (it was EL) back in 2002.

Lord Dottore Matto
11-02-2009, 12:03 AM
This service is available. Email Strydur and he will point you in the right direction.;)