PDA

View Full Version : what lee filters to use

Darren Morris
06-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey there ive recently bought a k2 white led and some other parts off TCSS to start work on my very 1st saber.Ive had a very good look on the forum to see if anyone mentiond what lee filters they use (i.e the filter number) but i cant seem to find anyone mentioning what number they have used.Im looking for a few basic colours like purple,amber,orange,green and blue so i can change the blade colour. I was just wondering if anyone could give me the lee filter numbers they have used for there sabers so i dnt order the wrong ones. I know it seems a stupid question but there are many versions of the colours.

many thanks

Darren.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
06-28-2009, 12:02 PM
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=348

Look on page two. I posted a few there.

Darren Morris
06-28-2009, 02:58 PM
ahh thank you very much for your help Obi just one last question when i have the lee filters how do they sit in the saber? are they held in place with something or are they put between two parts of the led?

many thanks

Darren.

Lord Dottore Matto
06-28-2009, 03:48 PM
they go between the LED optics and the blade. the blade holds them in. Just cut them into a circle and drop them into the blade holder then install the blade.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
06-28-2009, 09:48 PM
There's another option, too.

The Lee filters are thin enough that they can sit right up against the lens, on the inside of the lip in the blade holder. Basically, you put the filter on the lens, then screw the blade holder on. Once you find a color you like, you can sit it in there, and you won't lose it when you take the blade out. Just note that it will have to be cut to a smaller circle to fit in there.

If that isn't clear to you, I can post a picture.

Darren Morris
06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
I had a look at the half cut saber on the I have decided to make a LED saber thread and noticed a lip on blade holder so if i just put it between the lip and the lens then it will hold in place right ? Also i was wondering what i could use for an outer skin for my lightsaber. What i mean by outer skin is the thin metal casing that many sabers seem to have because im ordering up a MHS saber but i want to give it that personal look.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Godheads_Lament/Lightsaber1revision1.jpg

here is an image i fount on the forum of what i mean (the black casing on the hilt)

many thanks

Darren

Sairon
07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
The outer caseing you could cut out of sinktube and jb weld and screw it on. as for the led heat sink fitting inbetween the bladeholder and the section behind it, yes it will be held there correctly, it was designed that way. Also, I know you already have the K2 but next time get a white P4 as it is much much brighter and runs on the same power as a lux 3.

Darren Morris
07-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I think im going to go with your advise and get a white P4 in my next load of bits to get. I have to buy it bit by bit because of the price of getting it from the US to UK. My first set of bits turnned up today and i had to pay an extra £23 just for them to give it to me and that didnt include them bringing it to my door :). Any way ills just wondering do i get a lux III/V lens holder for a p4? or does the K2 holder do it also do the lens's fit all LED's?

many thanks

Darren.

Sairon
07-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I think that either works (if my mermory serves me), if not the lux III lens holder works perfect.

Darren Morris
07-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Many thanks for the help Sairon :)

Dahi Esmeva
07-13-2009, 12:40 PM
imight be wrong but the k2 holder is shaped different and only works for the
k2