PDA

View Full Version : vadar conversion Q's

ishtob
11-26-2005, 02:12 AM
how do i remove the little pin on th epoly carbonate blade?
this one:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/scripts/05vader/16.jpg

Strydur
11-26-2005, 08:36 AM
You can pry it out. Or the last one I did I just pushed it in.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

MythranDir
11-27-2005, 06:16 AM
This is probably a bit of overkill, but I used a small drill and made two holes on either side of the pin. Then, I used some needle nose pliers and it pulled out quite easily.

MythranDir

suit_man
12-24-2005, 06:47 PM
i have a couple question about the vader saber. has anyone ever successfully put one of corbin's drivers into a vader conversion? also, does anyone have a video of a vader saber that has been converted, with or without his driver?

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Corin Shadowblayde
12-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Where'd the Vader conversion kit go? I don't see it up on the site anymore, and I just picked up a battered Vader to convert.

Strydur
12-29-2005, 02:06 AM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=214

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Juice214
12-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Bummer I was going to order a couple of the kits as soon as the store reopened, Oh well I guess I can wait until you make some more.

Corin Shadowblayde
01-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Ok, cool. I was a little worried there you discontinued them. When you get your next shipment in I'll prolly order a few.

Corin Shadowblayde
01-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Just me again. I have my MR Vader totally taken apart. Is there an update on the ETA on the blade holders? I hope I'm not being too pushy. Just excited to do this first project.

Strydur
01-17-2006, 01:49 PM
I hope to have them within a few weeks. As soon as I get a better ETA I will let you all know.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

nmfiredawg
02-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi new here and am interested in one too. Want to change out my old MR Vader.

xwingband
02-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Welcome, Tim has said many places that they are set to come this week or early next week.[:D]

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Strydur
02-24-2006, 07:00 PM
I am 99% sure they will be ready next wednesday, march 1st. If so they will be up on the site that night.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Protein5000
02-25-2006, 06:07 AM
You geting many Tim? I think I wont be able to order till the 6th and I don't wanna miss out!

Less talk, more action........

Do-Clo
02-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Tim will be not sleeping much when the vader kits come in as we will all be ordering them at once. Tim get plenty of rest, you will need it.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

LAN-ED-TUL
02-26-2006, 10:36 PM
yep, get rest tim, cuz im orderin a vader convert kit when you gettem in too. got me a good deal on ebay on a vader MR. 50 bucks.

oh and tim, are you planing on updating the vader conversion tutorial with the info on the newer mhs style blade holder? i know it shows the process for the older style holder, and i wondered if there was anything going to be different about having to use the newer holder in place of it.

just wondered.....

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Strydur
03-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I dont think anything would be different. If I had another vader I would try it. I have a couple coming in for conversions so I will find out soon I guess.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Protein5000
03-08-2006, 05:31 PM
It doesn't look like a regular mhs holder. It looks like all one thickness and no threads - like not a modified mhs holder but a holder specifically made for the vader. When you look at the tutorial's old blade holder, the top is narrower than the bottom. But the new one seems to have one, thicker ID, so that the gap you can see between the blade holder and the inside of the vader hilt in the photo looking down the blade holder will not be there. Am I right about this Tim?

Strydur
03-08-2006, 06:16 PM
exactly..it should be just like the tutorial pics except no step down portion.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Protein5000
03-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Well, it took me 10 hours, but I finally finished converting my brothers Vader. Very good now, except a few things like spots in the diffuer and glue marks at the top of the blade but for the most part I'm happy [:D]

sithlord7768
03-10-2006, 10:20 PM
well i just finished my conversion...man i wish i had one to practice on that was broken first! lol I managed to get it all back together and working but I wish I had left a little extra wire on the switch to resoder. I got it to work but it wasnt easy...also i had a rough time getting the blade holder into the hilt! I ended up using hot glue instead of tape to secure the piece of plastic to the balde holder...from the inside. the tape kept causing everything to be too tight. even without the tap I had to give it a bit of friendly persuasion to get it into the hilt...is it supposed to be that tight?

anyway...everythign is together and works..looks good! will be attempting to install the little mirror somehow into the end of the FX stock blade..any ideas on how to get it in there and glued? If i cant get it in I will be just buying a new blade.

John "JD"
SL/TK-7768
http://www.501neg.com/photos/albums/userpics/10199/signature2.jpg
...now you see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb!

suit_man
03-11-2006, 02:59 PM
the stock blade would be a pain to get a mirror in. the rounded tip has part of it going down into the diffuser.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Protein5000
03-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Sith Lord, I had the same problem with the blade holder not getting into the hilt. I sanded down the indide of the hilt, still no go. The sanded the blade holder. It fit but when I taped it it got stuck and I had to try and rip in out of there - that was ooo hard, I was dripping sweat. But it's good to know its strong. They may be a touch big.

OB Wayne
03-11-2006, 11:53 PM
is it just the two of you having that problem, or is it with all the sabers?

Strydur
03-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I changed the directions a tad to fix a few problems you all have found. I need to still change the tape thing, I dont use tape anymore and have been using hot glue myself. If you dont sand the inside of the tube where all of the holes come in and the hetsink is not centered on the blade holder perfectly and you use tape then it is going to be a pain in the you know what. But that said its always easier to make something smaller than bigger.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

LAN-ED-TUL
03-12-2006, 12:46 AM
well, i didnt think the heatrsink could get off since its supposed to line up with all the holes and all. i guess i'll see how mine goes if fedex ever delivers the darn thing and quits driving around with it in their darn truck for a week. not lol on this they are ticking me off. ups, now fedex. oooooohhhh, i wanna cut someone in half with my vader saber. now this is lol. evily at that.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

sithlord7768
03-12-2006, 07:32 PM
im glad its a tight fit and like i said after the hot glue use instead of tape it worked well...needed a bit of help with a block of wood and and a samll hammer but it is good and snug...which leads me to my next question...how long does the led last for...cause if i ever have to replace it...well lets just say i may have to build a whole new saber to make it work...i know the switch wiring was a biatch and i really cant see that lasting another instalation without making a whole new wire lead?

the other question I had was the red lense...even the darkest red that came with the 12 discs is still a friendly pink...any chance of getting a disc that is darker red? did i get a double of the wrong one? if i put the two lighter pinkish ones in with the red one it is almost red like it should be but then it takes away a lot of the brightness....any ideas on this...vader looks a bit whimpy swinging a pink saber!

John "JD"
SL/TK-7768
http://www.501neg.com/photos/albums/userpics/10199/signature2.jpg
...now you see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb!

Protein5000
03-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Tell me about it. I never want to take this thing apart again coz it took ages to hook the switch up coz the wires were so small.

One very good thing though is that the switch is now VERY firm rather than sliding all over the place. You can't accidently switch it off while twirling it or anything.

NooB1Kenobi
03-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I've done a few Vader sabers. The wiring problem you have for the switch is a simple problem to solve... Go get some thing wire and make the wires longer. then tuck them back in and leave it so you can grab them when rewiring the switch. I make mine about 4 inches longer or so.. Plenty or wire to work with now.. [:D]

Female Twi'leks are so Hot! I want one. =0)~