PDA

View Full Version : Saber dueling

JVit
06-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Hey everyone,

Do you know of any major groups of Star Wars enthusiasts that are into dueling? I'm a swordsman myself (trained in various forms and weapons), as well as a martial artist. I'd like to find some groups in the U.S. (hopefully near the east coast) that are into dueling.

Jedi-Loreen
06-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I belong to a group that does saber dueling. We usually use Kendo shinai, because we have a lot of poor college students that can't afford custom sabers.

We're in Orange County California though.

But we meet every Wed. night and it's a lot of fun.

I know of the NYJedi, but I don't know if they do actually fighting or just practice choreo, which I find boring, if that's all a group does.

There should be other groups out there.

Check out this forum on Fx-Sabers:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=70.0

Darth Cipher
06-26-2009, 02:56 PM
where on the east coast are you?

Ravrohan
06-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey everyone,

Do you know of any major groups of Star Wars enthusiasts that are into dueling? I'm a swordsman myself (trained in various forms and weapons), as well as a martial artist. I'd like to find some groups in the U.S. (hopefully near the east coast) that are into dueling.

I'm apart of the NJ Jedi (the NJ sect of the overarching group NY is apart of.) and while we do practice choreo for cons and performances, we usually end up dueling amongst ourselves just for the fun of it. Its even how we come up with some of those choreographed routines on occasion.

JVit
06-26-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm in NY, near Syracuse.

Darth Cipher
06-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Then definatly look at NYJedi...they might be the closest to you. I have been looking myself and i cant seem to find anyone near boston.

Ravrohan
06-27-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm in NY, near Syracuse.

There are groups in PA and CT as well, the NY Jedi are mostly the city, but check out Saberwars.com I think there were a few people in upstate NY that were trying to form a group there.