PDA

View Full Version : Advice on first saber

Scars Unseen
06-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey guys. I've pretty much finished my design for my first lightsaber, but I made a mistake. One of the critical parts is out of stock: the double-male connector. I noticed that there is a similar piece called a gender changer available, but due to it's description, I'm not sure if it is appropriate to use where I have it in my design. I was wondering if any of the those who are more experienced with the MHS might be able to tell me if I can use safely use that piece as placed, or if I need to come up with an alternate design. It's near the rear connecting the main body to a short extension.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Godheads_Lament/Lightsaber1revision1.jpg

Jedi-Loreen
06-25-2009, 05:54 PM
I think it would be safer near the pommel end to use a gender changer than at the blade end. The gender changers don't have the smoothest threads, I know, I have one, so they aren't as good to be unscrewing as the m/m connectors are, so keep that in mind.

beggarsoutpost
06-25-2009, 05:54 PM
The gender changer will work in the same place...you will lose the silver line in your design though...You could order the changer now to be able to put it together and order the other part when it back in stock...Then just change it out to finish your design... You could also have Tim do that center design on an 8 or 9 inch extention... then you would not need either changer in the front..It will make the front stronger as well...

Scars Unseen
06-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Seems like a sound plan. I think I'll do that. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: That wasn't particularly clear. I meant I'll talk to Tim about it and if that doesn't pan out then I'll go with the gender changer.

EDIT 2: Looks like the part I need came in. GTG. Thanks for the help guys.