PDA

View Full Version : new i am

papigeorge1
06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
greetings ALL. I am new to all of this and i must say your community is fascinating. I now have become obsessed with building my own saber & i need your help !! will the mhs sound/speaker/battery combo or the crystal force board fit a 1.25 sink tube. if so how long a length of tube is required for either set up. if neither fit what else can i use & where can i get it? can the ultra sound board be used with a li-ion recharge system?;)

Jedi-Loreen
06-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Welcome.

Please take some time to do some reading in the forums. Your questions have been answered before.

Yes, this is a community, but we are not here to spoon feed you or hold your hand. We are more likely to help you if you've shown that you have done some honest work to try and find the answers for yourself. Then ask the questions you can't find the answers too. Take a look at some of the other new people's introductions and see what's been said to them.

Don't think that putting a winking smiley at the end of your post is going to make us forgive you for being lazy and not doing some reading and searching on your own. :rolleyes:

Darth_DevilGuy
06-19-2009, 12:48 AM
or just watch this informational tape (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting) before you post.

I'd like to note that your chances of obtaining a CF are about as high as winning a raffle, and you're still going to pay $160 for it. My advice is to start with something less advanced that's easier to work with, because if you go off half ****ed and destroy an already rare CF through lack of preperation, we will lynch you.

Invisas1979
06-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Was that a dust cloud as I saw him running for the hills.......

Alcfalath
06-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Could be that Lynching mob.. ;)

See.... I used the wink smiley tactfully.... ;) and again :D

vargose
06-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I am a little concerned. We definetly don't want to scare away Tim's business while correcting noobs. There have been a couple of noobs we've shot down that have never returned. Noobs that could have become steady customers for Tim. We pat ourselves on the back for sparing the community from getting asked redundant questions, but in actuality we've driven off money for Tim. If you know the answer is in the forums somewhere then just tell them that. They will look if they want to know that bad. If you think you shouldn't have to respond to a question whose answer is so easy to find, then don't. Let them listen to the crickets. We shouldn't immedeately chastise the newcomer. They're new. They're probably not lazy, just excited.

Try. "Hey! Welcome to the community. The answers you are looking for are here in the forums. Just read a little bit and you'll find them. Start with this tutorial .... "

That trains them to look and read without chasing them off.

Its just sad. I am always hoping I get to the thread first so I can at least point the person in the right direction before the flames start flying.

In the spirit of this

Welcome to the forum Papi. In the MHS battery and speaker combo description it tells you what it will fit in. The crystal focus is a little advanced for a newcomer. Start with something simpler. Besides the crystal focus is pretty hard to get ahold of. The Ultrasound is just about as rare. As for the rest of your questions the answers are out there in the forum. Read the "New to the saber scene? Start Here" section of the forum and some of the "noob" tutorials, most people have those linked in their signatures. Check out the gallery and see what others have done with their sabers. I suggest starting with a simple MHS or sink tube saber with a simple resistor or buck puck setup. Then once you've got a handle on the basics move your way forward.

Barmic Rin
06-19-2009, 10:19 AM
First up, Welcome.

Please do take your time to read, as J-lo said, you questions have been answered before.

We don't want to scare people away, but due to recent noobs getting offensive when they get an answer to a question they never meant to ask, we feel we have had to clamp down a bit.
We really are a good bunch on here, but we hate repeating ourselves.

Again, welcome, I hope you enjoy it.

Lord Dottore Matto
06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Please read the links in my SIG, then read a lot more. THe answers to all of your questions are here and readily available to you with a little work on your part.

jtong77
06-19-2009, 03:39 PM
or just watch this informational tape (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting) before you post.

Can we sticky this link?

Papi, welcome. Hopefully we'll see u around...