PDA

View Full Version : Luxeon V

Serath
06-13-2009, 05:35 AM
Hi there ! What can i do to get the maximum power out of a luxeon V ? If i have a bickpuck can i put 8 batteries or bigger amperage batteries ?

It works with Crystal Focus or Ultra Sound ?

Thaxos
06-13-2009, 07:45 AM
If you read the store's description of the buckpuck, you can figure out what batteries to use. If you use the search function on the forums, you can find all you need to know as well.

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-13-2009, 09:00 AM
To get maximum brightness out of a LuxV overdrive it at 1000 milliamps [but not more] instead of the usual 700...this will be noticeably brighter BUT will cut the estimated life of the LED from 100,000 hours to 75,000 hours - which is still many YEARS in practical use so no big concern.

Serath
06-13-2009, 11:45 AM
thx for the reply

So if ill buy a crystal focus saber core and a luxeon v , i can overdrive it to 1000mah right ?

Kal El Rah
06-13-2009, 12:30 PM
So if ill buy a crystal focus saber core and a luxeon v , i can overdrive it to 1000mah right ?

Good luck on the CFSC........................................:roll:

Lord Dottore Matto
06-13-2009, 04:39 PM
thx for the reply

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3751)

Yeah, how about we just give you one so you can go ahead and solder it right up for your very first saber. That would be...hmmm...well, yeah...good luck with that.:rolleyes:

How about this; you go ahead and build something simple so you can begin to conceptualize exactly what kind of room there actually is inside a saber. One of the most common mistakes that someone new to the saber scene makes is thinking that a Lux V is the be all and end all of LEDs. The truth is that it requires a large voltage for a nominal lumen increase over a lux III and in some colors the same as a P4. A nice lux III driven properly is very nice. I am not saying that you never should use them, but I am saying that you need to learn when you should! It is not a horrible thing not knowing, because you can learn...but jumping in and saying "I'm gonna buy a CF and Lux V and build my first saber" is akin to a 16 year old kid who just got his license telling his dad that he is ready for his first car and it should be a Bugatti Veryon. Oh yeah, it may not be as easy as you think to get your hands on a CF ;)

Serath
06-14-2009, 05:03 AM
I dont understand . Why dont you give a good answer to my question instead of idiot explanations about how to build my own saber , maybe im not a starter , maybe i have other 25 sabers with lux III , maybe i want to know if crystal focus works fine with an overdriven lux V . Its that hard to answer corectly with YES or NO ?? Whats wrong with all you people ?? Thats why i put a question o this forum so it can be answered.

(BTW im 30 years old not 16 )

taoist jedi
06-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Wow for someone who "maybe I have other 25 sabers with lux III" ???? you don't know much about what goes on inside them do you. The search button would have answered your questions.

Jagahati
06-14-2009, 08:27 AM
.... Whats wrong with all you people ?? ...

What do you mean by "you people"?

Good luck with your CFSC saber BTW.

Jedi-Loreen
06-14-2009, 09:26 AM
No, he said "all you people". :-|

Jay-gon Jinn
06-14-2009, 09:31 AM
I dont understand . Why dont you give a good answer to my question instead of idiot explanations about how to build my own saber , maybe im not a starter , maybe i have other 25 sabers with lux III , maybe i want to know if crystal focus works fine with an overdriven lux V . Its that hard to answer corectly with YES or NO ?? Whats wrong with all you people ?? Thats why i put a question o this forum so it can be answered.

Well, that's a great way to get a response....how are we supposed to know how old you are, or how many sabers you might have? You didn't post an intro topic anywhere that I've seen seen, so for all we know, you're just a 12 year old kid that is too damn lazy to try and do a a little reaserarch on his own.

The reason they didn't answer your question outright is because it has been asked and answered sevaral times already on this forum. All you needed to do is search for the answer, either by using the search function, or by doing it the old fashioned way, and actually reading the topic titles to see if it might contain the answer you seek.

But, since you want to have the information spoon fed to you, I'll answer it:

YES. The CF can overdrive the Lux V at 1.0 amp of current. It is done by changing the configuration setting on the SD card. If you want to know more about the CF, go to www.plecterlabs.com and read the manual, like the rest of did.

Serath
06-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Guys sorry , i didnt meant that , not all guys are ''strange'', i dont know how to explain corectly . I wasnt refering to you , only to the guys that gives bad answers , without helping anyone . I just wanted a straight answer yes or no . And i have 2 sabers , im not a begginer . Sorry again for my english .

Serath
06-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks jay gon-jin for the answer , and sorry again for beeing inpolite , well ill tell the truth im 19 years old , and i have 2 sabers , one lux III and one lux V . I wanted to put CF in my lux V .

Lord Dottore Matto
06-14-2009, 11:57 AM

Please refrain from referring to other forum members with terms like "idiot". I was not malicious toward you in any way and will not tolerate that type of language on a family forum. Nor did I say you were 16, it was an analogy.

I didn't spoon-feed you exactly what you wanted, instead I tried to teach you something. Had you not let your emotions get the best of you, you would have realized that I gave you some very valuable information about how to more efficiently build the saber you want. I AM telling you HOW to build your saber because I happen to KNOW exactly how to do it.

Guys sorry , i didnt meant that , not all guys are ''strange'', i dont know how to explain corectly . I wasnt refering to you , only to the guys that gives bad answers , without helping anyone . I just wanted a straight answer yes or no . And i have 2 sabers , im not a begginer . Sorry again for my english .

Hmmm, if your knowledge base was advanced enough to know whether the advice I gave you was "bad" or not you would have been able to answer your own question in the first place. The information may not have been exactly what you wanted, but it was correct information from a VERY experienced sabersmith who was indeed trying to help you (which you would have seen had you been open to it). Your command of the English language is not an issue, no one will berate you for that and if they do they will be chastised severely. What we will do is give you a hard time if you ask a lazy question that you could have answered for yourself had you spent 5 minutes reading.

Thanks jay gon-jin for the answer , and sorry again for beeing inpolite , well ill tell the truth im 19 years old , and i have 2 sabers , one lux III and one lux V . I wanted to put CF in my lux V .

Now that Jay-Gon has so graciously given you the answer you seek, I hope it all works out for you and am glad that you have softened in your demeanor. I also hope you will indeed think about the suggestions I have given you about your build. This response is NOT meant to be confrontational, but it is meant to give you a few things to think about that will serve you well if you do.;)

Jedi-Loreen
06-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Why did you lie and say that you were 30? That's not going to gain our respect anymore, either.

And please do not double post. You can edit your post to add something to it, instead of making another post right under it.

Serath
06-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Lord dottore matto im sorry again for being inpolite . I only had a really REALLY bad day , you know what im talkin about . I didnt had the patience to read all the post but now i see how useful it was so thanks again and IM SORRY for being inpolite .

And Jedi-Loreen sorry for that lie i was only frustrated because i was told to have 12 or 16 years old .

I had a really bad day and i was angry so please , i dont want to destroy the relationship to this forum . :(

Lord Dottore Matto
06-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Lord dottore matto im sorry again for being inpolite . I only had a really REALLY bad day , you know what im talkin about . I didnt had the patience to read all the post but now i see how useful it was so thanks again and IM SORRY for being inpolite .

All is forgiven man! Best of luck with your saber, I can't wait tot see how it comes out!:mrgreen:

Serath
06-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks man i apreciate it ! :D