PDA

View Full Version : TOR Armored Jedi and Sith

Jedi-Loreen
06-08-2009, 12:46 AM
I'll post more when more detailed info comes out about the costumes, but for now here are a couple of photo albums:

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Armored%20Jedi%20from%20The%20Old%20Republic/4%20-%20E3%20May%2031%20and%20June%201/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/briekalan/sets/72157619174423128/

I'll go look in my 501st Garrison boards later for more pics.

Please don't make dumb or silly comments on my Friend's albums, or I won't post anymore links, thanks. If you leave any comments, be respectful.

Drichar Deis
06-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Awesome! Would love to get the patterns for those jedi outfits.

Thaxos
06-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Awesome, looking forward to seeing/reading more! This interests me as it seems within my budget! That and it looks just amazing!

Jedi-Loreen
06-08-2009, 12:59 AM
There's not much to the soft parts of the Jedi costumes, just standard Jedi robes and unitards under the armor. Except for the one "soft" Jedi (unarmored). I don't know about the patterns for the Sith costumes.

There won't be patterns of the armor, because it's not made that way. It's vacuumformed over scuplted molds.

Kureigu
06-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Give it a while and I'm sure the armourers out there in fandom will create the Jedi armour...and I'll be sure I get some of it :D

You know, I didn't want to play TOR until I saw the cinematic trailer...how stupid is that. I know the game is not going to look ANYTHING like that...but it still made me stupidly excited about it....

Thaxos
06-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Give it a while and I'm sure the armourers out there in fandom will create the Jedi armour...and I'll be sure I get some of it :D

You know, I didn't want to play TOR until I saw the cinematic trailer...how stupid is that. I know the game is not going to look ANYTHING like that...but it still made me stupidly excited about it....

Not stupid, it's smart marketing on their part. I wish I had any ounce of artistic skill in my body, then I would give vacuumforming a shot. But I don't, so any mould I would attempt would fail hardcore.

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Nice costumes and armour!

I particularly like the pics of the trio of armoured female Jedi.

Also I noticed that in one of the pics it looks like a Sith has an Obi-Wan FX...that kinda surprised me until I realized that maybe he had it converted to red Lux. :-)

JediMasterDak
06-08-2009, 09:13 AM
J-lo said they mostly used MR sabers. Thanks for the cool pics! I really like the jedi armor! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Jedi Ranger
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Impressive!

Thanks for posting those links Jedi Loreen!

Jedi-Loreen
06-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I will hopefully have more to post about the armor once the game comes out. From what I gather, the costumers and armorers aren't supposed to release the details until then.

So, if you don't want to have to wait, you'll have to figure out the details for yourself.

Invisas1979
06-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Having seen the armor presented in the videos I've been looking into armor and motor cross armor looks like it could be made to look very good without all the effort of vacume moulding. Just looking at some of it, it could be made to look like various different types of armor, vong, orbalisk or mandalorian depending on what you're looking at. I'm going to get myself some and do a bit of paint work to see how it comes out.

Darth_DevilGuy
06-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Having seen the armor presented in the videos I've been looking into armor and motor cross armor looks like it could be made to look very good without all the effort of vacume moulding. Just looking at some of it, it could be made to look like various different types of armor, vong, orbalisk or mandalorian depending on what you're looking at. I'm going to get myself some and do a bit of paint work to see how it comes out.

that's probably not a bad Idea, it has the added advantage of probably looking more solid as it actually IS armor of a sort

Blue Fox
06-19-2009, 01:11 AM
This is neat, I guess I can use my armour idea for my Miri costume after all ^_^