PDA

View Full Version : UltraBlade Thick-walled?

bullvinne
06-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know if you can buy an Ultrablade from Ultrasabers in a thick-walled version? Or does anyone know where you can buy a Thick-walled, white PolyC blade?

I have read that they are better for White LEDs with filters for some reason or another, but I want mine to be duelable.

Jay-gon Jinn
06-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Ultrasabers doesn't offer the white polycarbonate in the thick-walled type.

Sairon
06-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know if you can buy an Ultrablade from Ultrasabers in a thick-walled version? Or does anyone know where you can buy a Thick-walled, white PolyC blade?

I have read that they are better for White LEDs with filters for some reason or another, but I want mine to be duelable.

Thin walled blades are dualable, Novastar used them for his Bop series and with over a thousand hits at extream levels of presure. Thin walls will do fine.

bullvinne
06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Ultrasabers doesn't offer the white polycarbonate in the thick-walled type.

Is there any way to get a thick-walled, white polyc tube so that I can make one myself?

cannibal869
06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
If it's too thick it may not allow enough light through to be noticeable...just a thought.
But no, there's no easy way to do this yourself as far as I can tell. There is a thread over at fx-sabers.com that has a list of vendors - you may be able to find more info over there...

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=14724.0

bullvinne
06-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Hmm...well maybe I will just have to get two different blades. An Ultrablade for show and a regular battleblade for dueling. That way I have both sides covered. Thanks for all the input.

Sairon
06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Thin walled blades are dualable, they have stood the test many a time, they should work fine.

Rhyen Skytracker
06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
You can buy the colored polyC set from Tim. Most of the blades are very usable. The only one that does not allow any light to come through is the solid silver one. There is a thread started by eco that has some pics of them.

bullvinne
06-03-2009, 10:06 PM
@Sairon: I see your very sure of the thin-walled blade's durability and I have watched Novastar's BOP series. If he really did use Ultrablades for them then I am sold. Thank you...

@Rhyen Skytracker: Those colored PolyC tubes from Tim do look tempting, but for a newbie sabermaker and thier price...I think I will have to wait on those for a while. But thanks for the suggestion!

Sairon
06-04-2009, 06:25 AM
You'd have to ask him yourself, but I'm pretty sure he used a mix of tcss and ultra blades, though either company doesn't mater polyc is polyc.

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Ultrablades are available in thick wall...just not in white polycarbonate...the white polycarbonate are the UltraEDGE and thinwall but thinwall polycarbonate blades are still duelable...there are videos somewhere where xwingband whacked a steel post with a THINwall polyc blade and it just 'flexed' around the pole without breaking so don't count them out they are not JUST for show.

That said having one blade for 'show' and another blade for 'go' is a good idea so that you don't 'scuff up' your show blade dueling and its true that UltraEdge make beautiful show blades...that said since this is TCSS I should point out that the TCSS thickwall battle blades in either Corbin film or TCSS diffuser versions make EXCELLENT 'go' blades you will not be disappointed by either.

One of those would make a great companion 'go' blade to an UltraEdge 'show' blade.

bullvinne
06-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Yea Onli-Wan, thats what I am thinking too. Haveing an UltraEdge and probably a Corbin Battleblade from TCSS...

Thanks again for your input!!!