PDA

View Full Version : blaster deflect sound

sithhed
06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I hope I don't annoy anybody(like the blade lock-in thread:mad:),but are you able to have blaster deflect sounds on an ultrasound 2.0 and if so, how do you do it?:?:Just wondering.

Jedi-Loreen
06-02-2009, 10:28 PM
No.

The UltraSound boards don't have that feature. They have hum, swing, clash and blade lock up sounds.

Novastar
06-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Is that right Lori? I don't currently have a US anymore, but... I always thought if you moved the saber "violently" in a vertical motion... as in... for lack of a better way to explain... a quick "push+pull" kind of jabby stab... it would trigger the so-called "blaster sound".

In other words... the "Z" (??) axis on the accelerometer? I don't know. I just remember it being an ODD--but possible--motion to trigger.

Jedi-Loreen
06-02-2009, 11:49 PM
I don't remember hearing that in videos of people who have used these boards.

I do not have one, so I can't say for 100% certainty that it does not, but I don't think so.

Someone who's actually used these boards will have to chime in and say if I'm wrong.

I just figured maybe he was confusing these with the Crystal Focus boards.

Sairon
06-03-2009, 06:32 AM
If you have the US board on a very high sensitivty, then yes if you swing the saber and quickly bring it to a halt it will activate the clash, somewhat immatating a blast deflection sound

sithhed
06-03-2009, 06:45 AM
so that's how the blaster deflect is activated? Now that is intresting

Rhyen Skytracker
06-03-2009, 07:00 AM
I didn't know that. I will have to try it when I get home. Thanks for the tip.

Jedi-Loreen
06-03-2009, 10:19 AM
He said "somewhat immitating". There's no sound of a blaster shot in there, it's just a certain clash sound that it triggers.

Kal El Rah
06-03-2009, 11:30 AM
The same effect can be done with a regular MR/Hasbrofx board.

DJMoonbass
06-03-2009, 01:45 PM
ya mine do it if i jerk it hard enough.... (that sounds wierd...) :D

Jay-gon Jinn
06-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I think I remember that actually being a feature on the original Ultrasaound, that a quick upward movement of the saber will trigger the clash effect and simulate a blaster deflection. I think it was mentioned in a post over at FX-Sabers a couple years ago.

Novastar
06-04-2009, 01:12 AM
I think I remember that actually being a feature on the original Ultrasaound, that a quick upward movement of the saber will trigger the clash effect and simulate a blaster deflection. I think it was mentioned in a post over at FX-Sabers a couple years ago.For the others posting here... that was the key thing I was mentioning. Although I suppose I "explained" it from a more horizontally-oriented thrust/stab kind of motion.

Anyhow. Yeah... it's neither easy to trigger, nor practical (if there even IS such a thing with "deflecting blaster bolts", hahhaha)... and there you have it. :D

Lord Maul
06-04-2009, 03:04 PM
I think I remember that actually being a feature on the original Ultrasaound, that a quick upward movement of the saber will trigger the clash effect and simulate a blaster deflection. I think it was mentioned in a post over at FX-Sabers a couple years ago.

My US 1.1 just used the blaster sound (or what I believed to be it) in the normal sound cycle. It wasn't integrated well at all IMO