PDA

View Full Version : My new MHS saber

Zook
05-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I finally got around to powder coating the parts I wanted done and put my saber together today for some pics.

specs...

MHS Blade holder 16 --- powder coated then polished.
MHS ribbed extension v-grooved --- powder coated then polished.
MHS Double female with milled slots. with square brass rods from hobby lobby cut at 30 degrees, sanded to round everything off and polished.
MHS MPS Pommel style 3 v2 polished.
MHS MPS Insert style 6
kill switch/recharge port from TCSS.

For the activation button I used a tactile switch and for the cover I used one of TCSS's thumbscrews that I cut down, sand blasted the chrome off and polished. I drilled a hole in the middle and fastened it (for now...temp in case I don't like it) with glue.

For the kill key I used a blue solderless wire splice cut down with the metal sleeve taken out and another of TCSS's thumbscrews cut down and glued on with epoxy. I still have to sand blast and polish it but I will do that another time.

US 2.1 card with rechargeable Li ion batteries (in hilt charging).

Lux V Cyan from TCSS.

I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. Originally I had the switch hid in the grooves but decided to do the button to see how I like it. So far I think I am going to keep it this way but I may change it up later.

Click here for pics of it in the Gallery (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=8228)

edited to take out the battery info for safety reasons to others. I would hate for someone that didn't know what they were doing to short a battery and have it explode in their hand.

master roar
12-23-2009, 09:25 PM
this saber is really nice u did a really good job
:D

B5813
01-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I like the activation button you've fabricated. The hilt as a whole looks great.