PDA

View Full Version : Mace Windu force fx luxeon conversion

jedi_guitar
05-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi all I'm new here on the forums, but I have a quick question. I want to convert my force fx lightsaber to a luxeon one. I have read through the tutorials and stuff but I am a little unsure of what parts I need exactly. So far I have:
1. MR Fx Mace Windu Conversion kit
2. Luxeon III star (white)
3. Luxeon III/V star lens holder
4. Luxeon Collimator Lens 10 degree viewing
5. Colored discs

I assume this is all I need for the process, I just would like to double check. Also the collimator lens, does it fit inside of the conversion kit?

Thanks for your help!

Kal El Rah
05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Read this :

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=994

the search function is your friend.

jedi_guitar
05-27-2009, 04:31 PM
yes i did read that, i just wanted to double check on the part list, since one is not included in the tutorial, also there is nothing in the tutorial about the collimator lens being used, and i remember reading another post saying that you do need one. so i was hoping for some clarification.

Sairon
05-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Now you might have ordered already but, I'd switch the lux 3 with a white P4 as the P4 pwns the luxeon with 240 lumens. Also I'd go to lee filters and pick up their free swatch book of lenses, they perform better than tims discs and you can get a better purple with them.

Kal El Rah
05-27-2009, 04:40 PM
photo # 36 down the left is the lens and lens holder in the picture. To do this conversion correctly you will need both pieces.

I agree with sairon that the P4 white will be a better choice for a white LED.

jedi_guitar
05-27-2009, 04:43 PM
thanks for the input, but would there be enough power to run the P4? or it doesnt really matter? ill look into the lee filters. thanks

Sairon
05-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Yes, the P4 uses the same amount of power as the luxeon, and I can get a linky for you for the lee filters.
Go to "ask the experts" then enter in all your info, then in the inquires section say "I was wonder if you could send me the free Designers edition swatch book."
http://www.leefiltersusa.com/lighting/advice/

jedi_guitar
05-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Sweet! thanks Sairon!

that would be awesome if you could do that

jedi_guitar
05-27-2009, 05:16 PM
wait... is the lens holder compatible with the P4? or is there a specific lens holder i should get for the P4?

Kal El Rah
05-27-2009, 05:21 PM
It is the same.