PDA

View Full Version : EU Books

Moordak
05-27-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm trying to find a particular book that's been hinted at in some others I've read. In which one does Luke nearly turn to the Dark Side under the influence of the resurrected Emperor?

Jedi-Loreen
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't know if it's in novel form, but check out the series of Dark Empire comic books from Dark Horse Comics. I read them years ago.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Empire

ArkaiHalon
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
I have the TPB of Dark Empire I

interesting read. Poorly drawn (IMO) but still a good story.

Moordak
05-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Ah ha, thank you. I wasn't even thinking to look at the comic books. I just finished reading the Zahn "Spectre of the Past" duology. Luke's excessive force usage and near turning were mentioned several times and I was wanting to see what the story was behind it.

Nightwing
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
FYI, I think that Dark Empire is one of the worst-told stories I've read in a long time. Just to be safe, try and find it at a library or bookstore first so you can flip through it; you should be able to read the whole thing in a couple hours.

Jedi-Loreen
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I didn't buy it, I found it at the library where I used to live.

Barmic Rin
05-29-2009, 10:11 AM
It must be a US thing. Most Brits I know that have read it enjoyed it (apart from the dark-side wormhole thing, galaxy gun & Emperors Flagship).

I enjoyed it, but there are better stories out there.
In fact, two sabers i'm working on are based on the ones in DE, very dark, yet functional.

JamoUp
05-29-2009, 10:40 AM
I liked DE. I mean it's no KotOR or Legacy, but it was a fun story IMO. The art work IS the most annoying part... too stylized for me.

Barmic Rin
05-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I kinda liked it, but I was a big Judge Dredd fan when I first read it, and it was the same artists.

Titoshi
05-29-2009, 01:38 PM
there is an audio book version of the series which can be found with a little looking on certain types of sites;) It is a full voice cast instead of the the normal one-guy-that-mispronounces-everything format. The funniest part is that Billy Dee Williams is the only original movie cast member reprising their role.