PDA

View Full Version : well what do you think?

thejedilestat
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM
LUXIII Green this is going to be for a special project im going to drill holes for the wires like TCSS fx kit heatsinks im going to trip it back as much as i can once i get the holes drilled

anny help would be hot

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/106/l_23e8dc0a7e2240fd947010cc3f0dcabe.jpg

Kal El Rah
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Don't use steel washers for a heat sink, copper or aluminum is what you want and there are washers available in these materials.

Rhyen Skytracker
05-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Yea, what Kal said. You can use copper or aluminum for the bottom piece and then use the steel washer for the top.

Jedi coral
05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
if you can't find them you can also make them. i would sugest you get thick washers or your heat sink will heat up REALY quickly.

thejedilestat
05-26-2009, 07:43 PM
i was thinking of a copper washer butjustdidnt know if it was a 100% should use so thanks

i got some more washers today so i was thinking i gotta order from TCSS any how so i might get and mhs heatsink for this build

im like 70% sur im going to make a crystal chamber with this but lighted or not is the next question my 4 AAA bat pak fits inthis setup verry easy so thats gonna be part of my order aswell but i think the max volts for a LUX III is 3.9V so idk i will have to look again

thanks for the help everyone oh Rhyen i have kinda gave up with the sound for now cuz some wires came off the board and i havent felt lik soldering them back on but when i do should i just solder them from the bottem where the slder already is?

oh and Jedi Coral im guessing useing beer bottle tops is out of the question? :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if i was to use the thermal compound betwen the led and the washer/s would that help copper washers i mean

Jedi coral
05-26-2009, 11:23 PM
I might only have half your post count but I don't think the sarcasm was necessary. I might be new to making sabers but I am not known to science and making props. But to answer your question yes that would be out of the question as they are often brass or tin and not copper or aluminium. The reason I said that you need to make it thicker is because if you make or use copper or aluminium washers that are that thick then they will heat up a lot quicker and in turn heat up your saber a lot quicker. The whole point of the heat sink is to take the heat away from the LED. If the heat sink gets to it max temperature to quickly it is not going to do its job very well. My apologies if advice from a n00b offends you, but not all n00bs are as thick as mud.

thejedilestat
05-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Jedi coral i am sorry for offending you that was not my goal i was pokeing fun at myself (unknow to you)cuz useing beer bottle tops was an opion at some stage

thred count means nothing in my mind age will not bring wisdom

so i would like to say i am sorry again i ment no dissrespect

and thank you for helping me even after i made an a$$ outa myself

Jedi coral
05-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Offended...no, a little put back yes but we shale move on. This is one of the things with the internet. Inflections and mannerisms cannot be heard or seen to understand the true meaning of what it is we are saying.

In short, no problems dude. Nothing to really apologise for, just some clarification is all that is needed. ;)

Revan
05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
don't worry about it :) just fix it (using copper or aluminum) then show us how it turns out! :cool:

thejedilestat
05-28-2009, 06:33 PM
well i played around with 1 washer yesterday my drill went throught it easy enough i just didnt think to use my center punch so my drill bit wandered just alil lol

i used 4 holes just to see and it can work but im only gonna use 3 so now its back to the hardwear store to try to find some longer thiner screws

i also looked at the heatsint from my 1.25" Sink tube LED Blade holder and i could with alil more time use this with the set up im working on it would just involve screwing into the fins of the heatsink to hold that in place but i will wait tell i get another one and some screws with a tap for them

but im going on vacation for the next 12 days so this is all on hold tell i get back i will look in as maney hardwear stores as i can being the i am driveing across country