PDA

View Full Version : I SUCK only a little

DougDimmadon
05-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Weell ppl ! How r you? Sweet?
So...enough of that
remember when I created a thread called "I SUCK: question" ??
So..i just think i dont SUUUUCK that much (lol?)

Just take a look at this MISERABLE saber that I've tried making...
By my own hands..

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2691/saberreducted.jpg (http://img29.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saberreducted.jpg)

Its not nice, i know that....Its my first shot, btw
But its not THAT terrible...cmon XD

I used a 1,5" sink tube...and I was just wondering which blade holder i could put in this ****.
Ah...and what about a pommel? Do i have to buy any adapter or something?
I just read some tutorials and I just got some parts.
i would like someone guide me in some basic english so I could understand a little more.

Ahh...
If its not ask too much... Does anyone know how can I make (or buy xD) a Darth Vader's saber emitter? You know? That MPP one?
Thanks a lot and please comment about this crappy saber Ive done :-D

Eco
05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Please just read the forums.
I understand your eagerness to jump right in, but you have a LOT more reading to do.
You can find all the knowledge you need to know on the forums, but you have to spend a LOT more time reading.
Now get to it.

(Let's hope the vets go easy on you, newbie. ;))

Jedi-Loreen
05-26-2009, 02:10 PM
He's been registered since last August, but he's from Brazil, so there's a bit of a language barrier for him. But I thought he said he knows how to use a dictionary.

He does need to do more reading, though.

EvilDean
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
I like it ^^ bad sabers is tha sh---t
even if u dont wanna change it now, u can later, thats the greatest thing ;D

and i agree with loreen, keep on reading, u'll find answers!
im a neewbie too btw :P

Sairon
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
If the saber hilt is 1.5 in diameter and the right gauge (gauge 22 I believe), I'd go with a style 1 blade holder and use an 1.5 to mhs adapter to connect it to the sinktube. As for the pommel I'd go with style 2 pommel and then use the mhs to sinktube adapter to connect it to the hilt.

as for the mpp flash gun shroud, seeing as tim nolonger carries the replicas. http://www.blast-tech.com/products_cameraParts.asp

Kal El Rah
05-26-2009, 03:42 PM
If the saber hilt is 1.5 in diameter and the right gauge (gauge 20 I believe), I'd go with a style 1 blade holder and use an 1.5 to mhs adapter to connect it to the sinktube. As for the pommel I'd go with style 2 pommel and then use the mhs to sinktube adapter to connect it to the hilt.

as for the mpp flash gun shroud, seeing as tim nolonger carries the replicas. http://www.blast-tech.com/products_cameraParts.asp

22 gauge is what he needs to go that way.

B5813
05-26-2009, 09:08 PM
The first thing I'd suggest is to lighten up on yourself. If you just expect bad things from yourself then you're likely to never come up with the vision for something great.

DougDimmadon
05-27-2009, 05:06 AM
He's been registered since last August, but he's from Brazil, so there's a bit of a language barrier for him. But I thought he said he knows how to use a dictionary.

He does need to do more reading, though.

Its not the first time i read that....
i'm sorry again for not reading to whole forum.
But this time Ill listen to you guys.

Ahh..about the help you gave me about which blade holder or pommel Y could be using, thanks a lot... Ill add that to my Buying list.

I really didnt want to bother anyone with my newbie actions :(
Yeah but, living and learning :grin:
Thank you all

Braxus
05-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Its not the first time i read that....
i'm sorry again for not reading to whole forum.
But this time Ill listen to you guys.

Ahh..about the help you gave me about which blade holder or pommel Y could be using, thanks a lot... Ill add that to my Buying list.

I really didnt want to bother anyone with my newbie actions :(
Yeah but, living and learning :grin:
Thank you all

the key component that you need is the 1.5 sinktube to MHS adaptor. it fits inside the sinktube, is attached with screws, and allows you to use MHS parts in your saber. youll need 2 of them, one for each end of the hilt.

Invisas1979
05-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Hey man, don't worry about asking questions. Unless you trawl like a professional fisherman you won't find everything you need unless you ask.

Obviously not a professional saber maker with all the tools etc, so I don't think that's a bad effort. Don't beat yourself up so much.

Be as ambitious as you want, you should see what I've in mind for my second attempt.

That said, when you start dabling in the electronic side, be careful. Parts are expensive to mess up.