PDA

View Full Version : Mandalorian Armor.

DigitalJedi
05-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Hey guys, how's life?

Anyway, I plan on going to PAX 09 (hopefully) and I want to go as a Mandalorian (Shock Trooper I believe was the type name.)

This'll be my first cosplay in a long time, so I was hoping for some help in a how-to fashion. Yes, I will also have a lightsaber with this cosplay but not for a Manda/Jedi/Sith crossover. Just to have the saber as a trophy for a dead Jedi/Sith. :)

Any assistance with this project will be greatly appreciated!:D

Thanks again!

LordJaivus
05-23-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm not quite sure I see a question here anywhere, but I'm guessing you'd like tips on putting together that shock trooper costume. My recomendation is to ues Jango Fett armor with an Imperial Gaurd helmet.

DigitalJedi
05-23-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm not quite sure I see a question here anywhere, but I'm guessing you'd like tips on putting together that shock trooper costume. My recommendation is to use Jango Fett armor with an Imperial Guard helmet.

Sorry, I should have made the first post clearer!:(

Yes that is the question, erm... request. Just need help with everything since I've never tried Mandalorian armor before.

Jedi-Loreen
05-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Check out the Mando Mercs. They specialize in custom Mando armor.

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php

Barmic Rin
05-24-2009, 02:07 AM
The Mercs are a good bunch, and you also have the Dented Helmet boys, though they're more canon, you could get tips on painting/weathering etc....

DJMoonbass
05-24-2009, 01:07 PM
do they do kotor-era mando armor?

Barmic Rin
05-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Have alook yourself. Thought you stopped asking questions you could answer yourself....
That's why we listed them...

DigitalJedi
05-24-2009, 04:33 PM
The Mercs are a good bunch, and you also have the Dented Helmet boys, though they're more canon, you could get tips on painting/weathering etc....

Thanks again, Barmic & Loreen!

I have some of the Mando armor pieces ready to be purchased and shipped to me, I just need to gather materials for the flight-suit & helmet.

I'll update you guys when the project is finished.

Barmic Rin
05-24-2009, 04:39 PM
I got the 2piece Jango lid from Ebay, not bad, but trickier to solidify.
My flightsuit was from am army surplus store, so nice & cheap & unused too!

Good luck & I look forwward to pics...

astromech_kuhns
05-24-2009, 07:27 PM
im apart of the mando mercs as well. they are a great bunch as what was said. there are nice tutorials to make your own armour out of plastics and such for those peices that you dont have or get. its pretty simple i jsut have yet to put the money into it........:(