PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

Do-Clo
05-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Has anyone had a listing pulled on ebay lately? My recent lisiting was pulled because I used Star Wars inspired in the title, they claim this to be a violation by using a brand name. This is a joke, I sent them a complaint, that if they had just bothered to read the title thay would have seen it stated plainly that it was star wars inspired. I changed the wording on the title to read inspired by star wars and relisted so we will see what happens. Something stinks some where :rolleyes:

FenderBender
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Weird, haven't had one pulled yet, *knocks on wood*. I'll let you know if it happens though.

strengthofrage
05-20-2009, 04:37 AM
They shouldn't be able to do that, you are covering your rear by saying 'Star Wars inspired'... nothing wrong with being smart.

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-20-2009, 04:56 AM
Sorry to hear that Do Clo...first the VERO nonsense now this...seems like e[vil]Bay is ho ho hoing to the so called 'rightsholders' again. :-(

Do-Clo
05-20-2009, 06:21 AM
The bad thing is just about anyone can report a listing and ebay may pull it if they think it violates some rule. If they pull my listing again then every listing with star wars in the title had better be pulled also. I don't like selective application of rules.:roll:

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-20-2009, 06:37 AM
I don't like that selective application of rules either.

Just a thought...did you use the "trademark" symbol after "Star Wars" when you said "Star Wars inspired"? Maybe it could be a 'technical infraction' of some sort of rule like that i.e. "when using brand names you must use the tm symbol" or something similar?

Maybe it could be some misuderstanding of that sort?

Rhyen Skytracker
05-20-2009, 06:57 AM
I haven't had any listings pulled from e(vil)bay yet, but I will keep and eye out for it. Thanks for bringing this to out attention.

Revan
05-20-2009, 09:18 PM
either way it shouldn't have happened. i guess we'll have to be extra careful from now on.

Lord Dottore Matto
05-20-2009, 11:46 PM
either way it shouldn't have happened. i guess we'll have to be extra careful from now on.

Just list them as you feel is appropriate and if they get pulled, just try again.:wink:

Sairon
05-21-2009, 03:21 PM
or mabye say, "lightsaber inspired prop" because beamswords are used in many different movies/shows.