PDA

View Full Version : [Prototype]

DigitalJedi
05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/15/saberbuilderrender.png (http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saberbuilderrender.png)
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/saberbuilderrender.png/1/w1272.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img527/saberbuilderrender.png/1/)

An idea put together by subtle references from a Starkiller hilt, and imagination.

This is intended for a reverse grip.

Tips? Pat on the back? Kick to the teeth?

EDIT: Also, this is not the complete version. Just what I managed to put together at this point. I will post another version of this later.

Jedi-Loreen
05-18-2009, 08:59 PM
All those different grooved and ribbed parts look strange together, they don't "flow" with each other, IMO.

And what is that part below the blade holder? Something custom? Which builder did you use? It looks like you have Pommel 3 v1, which isn't made anymore. So I'm guessing you used the Custom builder, not the MHS builder.

DigitalJedi
05-18-2009, 09:12 PM
All those different grooved and ribbed parts look strange together, they don't "flow" with each other, IMO.

And what is that part below the blade holder? Something custom? Which builder did you use? It looks like you have Pommel 3 v1, which isn't made anymore. So I'm guessing you used the Custom builder, not the MHS builder.
That was the idea. I didn't want it to flow together too well, I wanted it to look uhm... for lack of a better word, unnatural.

And I used a vacuum hose for that part below the blade holder.

Revan
05-18-2009, 09:17 PM
i like it i think it's a very distinct design that should suit you.

sithlordfaust
05-18-2009, 10:06 PM
I think its pretty sithy. looks good. now read up and learn to build it. I like that it looks utilitarian and pieced together

Kal El Rah
05-18-2009, 10:16 PM
I like it, looks like a pieced together parts saber as per the TFU look. Now get to it!8)

DigitalJedi
05-18-2009, 11:16 PM
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5701/saberbuilderrenderc.png (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saberbuilderrenderc.png)

Completed project design. NOW TO BUILD!

EDIT: Now I just need to name it...

cardcollector
05-19-2009, 05:13 AM
It looks.... AMAZING!!!

Sethski
05-19-2009, 06:10 AM
That's shaping up to be something special - I like the variation with tacked together pieces, the different metals/finishes and the overlay pieces with stuff underneath. I look forward to seeing it progress!

Rhyen Skytracker
05-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Wow....that looks great. I kinda like the first version better. I think it looks a lot better with the seam where the two different color parts is covered by the overlay and I really don't care for the little piece you added in the lower grip area. I would say go with the first one.

ArkaiHalon
05-19-2009, 07:28 AM
just as an fyi, most vacuum tubing (as rendered there) has an ID of 1.25.
It will not fit over MHS parts, as your render has. There are some work arounds, especially now that Strydur has the 1.25 MHS adapter.
Just don't want you to get caught off guard.

I really like the design. I love "cobbled" hilts that don't flow, but serve function over beauty.built a couple of those myself. a couple of suggestions, take it or leave it

Ditch teh slider. It's location is right in a prime grip location (even for a reverse grip as you indicated).
I'd recommend one of the guarded switches in the switch hole (where you currently have a red thumb screw)

move the covertech down to the shroud, where the red thumbscrew is. For a reverse grip, this will keep the saber in a natural position for that type of draw.

Jay-gon Jinn
05-19-2009, 07:29 AM
you have screws for the overlays located in the threads for the MHS pieces.....that's not a good idea. turn the thread hints on in the builder to see where they are, and move your screws. Aslo, the plastic vacuuum hose won't fit over a standard MHS part.

Barmic Rin
05-19-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm a fan of 'cobbled together' sabers, and this is good, but for a reverse grip, it may prove unwieldy. By my calculations, it's around 14", which would be fine for a standard grip.
I prefer the 2nd design of yours, but it's all good.

Also, i'd dirty it up something rotten when it's all together, that'd really finish it off.

DigitalJedi
05-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Mkay, I'll switch the vacuum hose for another extension, and move the screws around a bit. I'll post the FINAL version with all the tips and such. :D

OH, also about the sound board and stuff like that.

Is the Crystal Focus still available? Or should I just use an MR soundboard?

Barmic Rin
05-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Cf won't be available until the end of the month, and then it'll be a VERY limited run.

I'd stick to MR for now dude.

DigitalJedi
05-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Awe. :(

Mkay, MR soundboard it is.
Wait, what about Hyperblade.com?

I've seen some interesting things there for soundboards and LEDs!

Edit: Never mind, they are sold out on soundboards.

EDIT AGAIN: Just watched a video with Novastar doing a review type thing on the Hyperdyne V1.. not good.

I'll search for other versions of hyperdyne or other soundboards.

Barmic Rin
05-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Beware the Hyperdyne & his minions......

Hasid Lafre
05-20-2009, 09:28 AM
You wont find any other version of a hyper poo head soundboard cause he hasent realeased one in ages.

But the sounds on his boards are taken straight from a hover.

Darth_DevilGuy
05-20-2009, 09:29 AM
I'll search for other versions of hyperdyne or other soundboards.

don't bother, try to get a US 2.1 from the shop or just an MR, hyper's stuff sounds like a vacuum cleaner (not exaggerating), it's also FAR more expensive.

xl97
05-20-2009, 11:27 AM

quick tip: seeing the blade ensures it the 'custom' builder..

(as well as the vacuum hose that you already spotted) ;)

DigitalJedi
05-20-2009, 12:05 PM
don't bother, try to get a US 2.1 from the shop or just an MR, hyper's stuff sounds like a vacuum cleaner (not exaggerating), it's also FAR more expensive.

Mkay.

But I still like the visuals of the hyperdyne thing. It's overall brightness and such peaks my interest!

Hasid Lafre
05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Forget hyperdyne, its way way way to expensive for what it offers, get an mr board and look up makotos work on here.

He makes his own blades using 5mm leds that tim was able to get for us, its a store link in one of the many topics that talk about mr makotos blades.

Seriously hyper is obsolete, soundboard was junk, runtimes were lame and to top it off its super expencive.

But thats ok, go spend your money on a crappy hyper setup and take our insite and toss it out the window.

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Hyperdyne is no friend of the saber community imo...Makototsai is and makes the same sort of super-bright LED ladder sabers.

cardcollector
05-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Hyperdyne also seems to have some type of virus attached to it, My computer keeps blocking the website even when I am not online.

JediMasterDak
05-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I like your design a lot!
Just gave me some new ideas:D:D:D:D
Can't wait to see it for real!

DigitalJedi
05-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Fine, fine. Relax I'll just get an MR or US 2.0.
And the makoto thing.

ArkaiHalon
05-21-2009, 06:09 AM
just an idea, to keep your second design in play (using the vacuum tubing)

utilize the 1.25 blade holder,
the MHS to 1.25 adapter
a Male to Male adapter
and a section of 1.25 inch sink tube.

The blade holder goes in the tube, mates up to the MHS adapter, then use the M/M to connect it to the rest of the saber. This will allow your design to work rather well, with no substitution of parts. If it's to long, you can swap the full hilt for a shorter section and just have Strydur do the necessary machining for switch hole and grooves.

DigitalJedi
05-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I've seen Mr. Makoto's creations...

I think I'm in love with his sabers.

Sairon
05-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Everyone is in love with his sabers.