PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!!!

master roar
05-17-2009, 07:51 PM
i am having trouble with my saber electronics. i am using two trustfire batteries from tcss which = 7.4v. i hav a hasbro 2009 clone wars lightsaber consruction kit from walmart that uses 4.5v, and a luxeon 3 green. last time i hooked it up my board and led burned out. i need to know what happened, and how i can fix it. so can anyone please help me

Kal El Rah
05-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Be prepared to get FLAMED .........

You fried the board if you put more than 5 to 6 volts max, and the LED only needed 3.25v

Lord Maul
05-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Your board is dead. You have to get a new one. Try using alkalines or NiMH batteries.

P.S. I deleted your other thread, it had the same question in it.

Rhyen Skytracker
05-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I will go ahead and let you know what happened before everyone else gets their flame throwers out. LOL The MAX that those cards can take is 6 Volts and by putting 7.4 volts on it, you fried it. You will not be able to fix it. There are plenty of threads on here that would have prevented this from happening if you would have read them first.

Lord Dottore Matto
05-17-2009, 08:13 PM
***loads flamethrower***

Dude, the answer to that question is very simple and I am amazed that you actually tried to hook that up without doing a lick of research. Your next project should be a nuclear reactor build from scratch...no instructions needed! :lol:

p.s. Rhyen is 100% correct, you fried the board, but hey look at the bright side, at least you only fried a $35 board rather than a CF!;)

DJMoonbass
05-17-2009, 08:27 PM
lord maul deleted my dipstick video... :(

Roh
05-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Hey "master" roar! Don't I know you? Didn't you used to work at that Chernobyl place in Russia? You can admit it! Nothing to be ashamed about!

Jedi-Loreen
05-18-2009, 01:36 AM
He needs to relinquish his self-given "master" title till he earns it.

Never give yourself a title you don't yet deserve. Because then you just look silly when people find out that you don't. :rolleyes:

Roh
05-18-2009, 02:09 AM

cardcollector
05-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Yep like everyone said the board is TOAST -not the buttered kind.:D
Never, Never, NEVER give a hasbro board more than six volts!!!But I guess you know that now right?:rolleyes:

I admire your "go at it" approach.:cool: Most n00bs ask a million questions before they even have stuff to make a saber *DJ* (*Cough).
Just sit back and read a little bit, it will help you immensly.
You will have to show us the finished product of your saber, we LOVE sabers!:D

DJMoonbass
05-18-2009, 07:08 AM
yes i am a perfect example of of what Carccollector said. I never though with my dipstick......

Darth Demens
05-18-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm willing to bet he made the mistake of thinking 4.5V for the sound, PLUS 3V for the LED for a grand total of 7.5V. 2xTrustfires would make perfect sense then.

master roar
05-18-2009, 05:01 PM
well i researched how to wire the board BEFORE i wired it. and i knew i couldnt fix the board. i just didnt know the maximum voltage of the board. and i just need to know how to fix it so i dont screw up another board. if a resistor will fix my problem, then i just need to know how much ohm's and watts the resistor is, and where it goes. thanks for the help though, and darth demens you were right about that mistake i made. please respond

cardcollector
05-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Well, If you are that old and speak English naturally (I'm assuming):rolleyes:

Could you use your words better. This is a forum, not an IM center. The goal is not to use as little words as possible, but project your statements and questions as clearly as possible.

Kal El Rah
05-18-2009, 05:07 PM
OK Guys, I think he got the point. :cool:

Jay-gon Jinn
05-18-2009, 05:35 PM
A resistor is not going to fix your problem. what you need to use the 7.4 Li-Ions set-up with a board that can only handle 6 volts is a voltage regulator. A search of the forums will find the information you are looking for.

master roar
05-18-2009, 05:48 PM
thanks jay gonn
:-D