PDA

View Full Version : Angels and Demons, who's seen it/ read it?

37H4N
05-15-2009, 08:58 PM
So who has seen and/or read Angels and Demons?

I read the book not to long ago, maybe a month or so, and loved it. Lost a lot of sleep actually, staying up reading. lol
Saw the movie today, and well, first let me say as a movie, it's ok. 3 out of 5, good but not great. However comparing it to the book, not so much. They cut out key characters, changed things that didn't need to be changed, and so much more. Quite disappointing really.
I could go on and on but I won't.

So if you have read the book, go see it, it is cool to see some of the things you read about, though you will be somewhat disappointed with it as a whole.

If you have not read the book, go see it. Again, not a bad movie by itself, but it doesn't compare to the book.

ArkaiHalon
05-19-2009, 07:33 AM
I loved the book. Was a fantastic, well written story. I can't wait to see the movie.

I never compare books to movies though. There is so much that has to get cut from a movie that is 2 hours long, where as a book you can put in that minute detail that has to be left out.

It's like making a sauce. You start out with 3 cups of liquid, but when it's all said and done, you only have 1 cup. you have to reduce the whole thing down to a controlable amount.

If movies where as detailed as teh books, we'd be back to Serials.

Barmic Rin
05-19-2009, 09:27 AM
I try not compare books & movies, as they rarely work #cough# I am Legend #cough# cough#, but wasn't really a fan of the book. It was alright, though the hype around it and 'The Da Vinci code' was just too much.