PDA

View Full Version : new idea for loud sound

DJMoonbass
05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
okay i have been thinking about this forever. and i just cant get this out of my head!!!

okay. we are all familiar with the tiny wireless microphones people use while singing and presentations and stuff. why not wire one up in front of the speaker and send it to a channel on a sound board and equalize it so it sounds good. if that works than one could have dual with another and have the saber sounds loud enough to drown out the *clicks* of polyC blade clashing.... could this work? just imagine the possibilities and the pure awsomeness!!!!!!

Kal El Rah
05-12-2009, 11:52 AM
That has been discussed in another thread already.:-x

Tradeliphine
05-12-2009, 02:19 PM
as well as bluetooth/wireless sound systems are already in use by several smiths I believe

Sairon
05-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Or just get a big speaker in your hilt and have alot of resonance.

DJMoonbass
05-13-2009, 11:18 AM
my purpose though would be to use it for a huge public display battle. have those little microphones in there connected wirlessly to a sound board and have it blasted supper loud.... so the saber sound can easily fill a gym or stadium or something.... really it has been discussed? wow! let me look before i bang my head into a concussion....

xwingband
05-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Not discussed so much as offered and tried I'd say. Erv has a by request system that sends the triggers directly to a wireless system for playback through your standard PA/large speaker systems.

There are other hackish type systems, but in most cases something like what Novastar does with a recorded soundtrack over it is fine.

Marsupial
05-13-2009, 07:54 PM
wireless transmission of sound for public apearances are old as the hobby, to be honest.

may I point to my thread about the Light Tech "oldies" saber module?
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=8039

Beside Light Tech, Erv and Hyperdyne all have tought of ways to make the remote saber sound.

I don't know how "discussed" it has been, but the idea has been around for as long as I have been building sabers, and that's before we started to use luxeon III ...

Revan
05-13-2009, 10:12 PM
wireless transmission of sound for public apearances are old as the hobby, to be honest.

may I point to my thread about the Light Tech "oldies" saber module?
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=8039

Beside Light Tech, Erv and Hyperdyne all have tought of ways to make the remote saber sound.

I don't know how "discussed" it has been, but the idea has been around for as long as I have been building sabers, and that's before we started to use luxeon III ...

yeah that thing was awesome! it's a shame that they aren't made anymore :(

Novastar
05-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey, I'm totally game if someone competent (competent!!) wants to do the wireless saber sounds for BOP III. :)

Granted... I'd have to hear what it sounds like and if it'd "flow well" during the battle sequences. Otherwise... yup, I think it'd only be ideal to be like:

"Hi, I'm _____ from ______ and this is ____, my associate. We're going to be demonstrating LED sabers, so... enjoy what you see!"

[ They fight. ]

"Thank you, hope you enjoyed! Donations can be made in the back. We're here all night." LOL :D

I'm just bein' silly, but... yeah... something like that.

Kal El Rah
05-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...............................;)

Funny Nova, real funny.............:cool:

DJMoonbass
05-15-2009, 09:28 AM
another idea "one" could do is have your saber movements and clashes synched with a computer with a killer sound board. have like a couple accelerometers and then a wireless signal..... trancsever? i dunno.... synched to your computer and have the sound come from the computer to the speakers.... have a ton more battle clashes, swishes, and lock ups..... but im sure someone has come up with this idea.... i will still try the mike though.... i officially got my advisors for my starwars dueling club next year so its a deffinate go.... tim is going to get some serious sales next year lol....

Jay-gon Jinn
05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
another idea "one" could do is have your saber movements and clashes synched with a computer with a killer sound board. have like a couple accelerometers and then a wireless signal..... trancsever? i dunno.... synched to your computer and have the sound come from the computer to the speakers.... have a ton more battle clashes, swishes, and lock ups..... but im sure someone has come up with this idea.... i will still try the mike though.... i officially got my advisors for my starwars dueling club next year so its a deffinate go.... tim is going to get some serious sales next year lol....
Yeah, someone has already done that:
http://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=58

DJMoonbass
05-15-2009, 09:48 AM
yup...i thought someone would have done that.... wow thats cool. i cant wait to see how lightsaber tech evolves in the next twenty years.... im going to see how much our fund raiser for our club earns becuase i might try and purchase a couple of those.... erv is a genious.