PDA

View Full Version : Which blade holder design was causing cracking?

ziongraffix
05-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I remember reading somewhere that one of them had given some problems with cracking the blade? I could not locate the thread.

Sairon
05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
None of the bladeholders should crack the blade, now if it were a fullsized uncut thickwalled blade the balde may crack due to it's size, if you cut down any blade down a few inches it should be okay. Also blades break just from alot of wear.

Tradeliphine
05-11-2009, 05:37 PM
or people overtightening the retention screws

Jedi-Loreen
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah.

I'm not aware of any blade holders themselves actually causing any blades to crack. :confused:

LordJaivus
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Heck, I put mine full force against an oak tree only to have it bend...
the blade not the tree that is.

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I check all my sabers for burrs inside the bladeholders when I first get them, after finding one in a custom saber once that scratched a blade but have never found any burrs in TCSS bladeholders yet...other than that unlikely possibility the only way I can even IMAGINE a bladeholder weakening a blade would be if it was a 'windowed' design AND the inside edge was sharp and cutting into the blade each time one hit...I only have one windowed TCSS emitter but it's edges are NOT sharp...worth checking though, and easily sandable if it was...so I doubt there is any DESIGN problem with any TCSS bladeholder that could cause blade cracking.

ziongraffix
05-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Heck, I put mine full force against an oak tree only to have it bend...
the blade not the tree that is.

Are you being serious? I was wondering if you did that if it would crack at the blade holder... Then I thought no one would ever risk their saber to swing full bore to find out hahaha.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
05-13-2009, 06:28 PM
You can swing the thickwall blades pretty hard, and not worry about breaking them. Somewhere, there's a video of Xwing swinging a saber at a pole, "full bore". All the blade did was flex and snap back.

That's not to say that it's impossible to break a blade, but it's pretty difficult. I've done some hard dueling, and I haven't broken one yet.

acerocket
05-13-2009, 06:50 PM
He could be refering to holder10 (the crown looking one). Someone mentioned a while ago that they were pretending to be the Samsonite Gorilla and broke one of the tines on the holder. Maybe this is what he was talking about.

Edit: Can I get a Boo Yeah from those oldsters who remember the Samsonite commercials.

Kal El Rah
05-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Boo Yeah............:mrgreen:

Jedi-Loreen
05-14-2009, 03:02 AM
I remember those.

But I say boo-yah :p

Hasid Lafre
05-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Barly remember boo-yah.

ArkaiHalon
05-14-2009, 05:59 AM
Boo YEAH

xl97
05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Boo Yeah...

I always think of those, like I do the OJ/car rental commercials? (Hertz?)

LordJaivus
05-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Are you being serious? I was wondering if you did that if it would crack at the blade holder... Then I thought no one would ever risk their saber to swing full bore to find out hahaha. There is a reason my prof. pic is of me as a wookie, but it didn't even bend at the blade holder, it bent about half way up!

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=727

Tradeliphine
05-14-2009, 02:39 PM
boo yea