PDA

View Full Version : Focusing crystal

Sith-killer
05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Does one need to get a focusing crystal for they're own saber? :confused:

theJUDGE
05-06-2009, 01:57 PM
do you mean like a quartz crystal or acrylic crystal? if so those are just for looking cool and adding awesome effects, completely an optional and cosmetic touch. if you are referring to a crystal focus board, then no you dont need one, they are what can be considered a "top of the line" option that gives you great sound effects and such. i hope this helps answer whatever you were confused about :)

ArkaiHalon
05-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Does one need to get a focusing crystal for they're own saber? :confused:

absolutely. Without a focusing crystal, the photoharmonics will not be properly tuned, which can result in your saber literally atomizing a 3 city block area due to the feedback loop in the powercells not aligning properly.

Fortunately, you can purchase crystals from Strydur here at TCSS.

All kidding aside, the focusing crystal is strictly a personal touch and is not required in any way, shape or form to build a fully functional LED or EL saber.

Rhyen Skytracker
05-06-2009, 02:46 PM
absolutely. Without a focusing crystal, the photoharmonics will not be properly tuned, which can result in your saber literally atomizing a 3 city block area due to the feedback loop in the powercells not aligning properly.

Fortunately, you can purchase crystals from Strydur here at TCSS.

All kidding aside, the focusing crystal is strictly a personal touch and is not required in any way, shape or form to build a fully functional LED or EL saber.

That is why you really need a droid to test the initial power up of the saber. Make sure you are far enough away to not get caught in the blast if it blows up.

There are many sabers on here that have them and you can get some ideas from them.

Revan
05-06-2009, 04:31 PM
That is why you really need a droid to test the initial power up of the saber. Make sure you are far enough away to not get caught in the blast if it blows up.

There are many sabers on here that have them and you can get some ideas from them.

lol you guys are hilarious!

Kal El Rah
05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :D:roll:

samurai_rob
05-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Poor nOOb. I think that this may have been more than he could handle. :D Don't let them get to you. They only tease because they love you. :D

cardcollector
05-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Poor nOOb. I think that this may have been more than he could handle. :D Don't let them get to you. They only tease because they love you. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!:p

grayven
05-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Gravy luv noobie long time.:lol:
Then noobie will learn to luv gravy.

Jedi-Loreen
05-06-2009, 06:02 PM

No, that's not the only reason.

We also tease if we find it funny to do so. :rolleyes:

There are also other reasons..... http://judgesabersmith.com/Smileys/default/44.gif

Lord Dottore Matto
05-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Who is teasing?:roll:

Barmic Rin
05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Who is teasing?:roll:

More important question is 'WHO LET GRAVY OUT OF HIS CAGE!!!???!!!!'

If you need to test your saber without the focusing crystal, be prepared to be stared at for the next few months until your eyebrows grow back.......

LOL!!! Seriously, it's purely cosmetic...