PDA

View Full Version : 3/4" led blade

suit_man
11-23-2005, 03:13 PM
has anyone made an led saber with a 3/4" blade instead of 1"? i like the smaller size alot better, plus i saw one on ebay that had a 3/4" blade and it looked amazing. does anyone know what the best optics to use would be? thanks

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

GeluKhanGharr
11-23-2005, 03:55 PM
The problem would be the holder, as the LED wouldn't fit inside a 3/4 holder, so it would need to be attached bellow it. As far as I know, the optics are pretty standard - the ones Tim sells.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

Strydur
11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
I could make a adapter to fit a 3/4" blade inside my 1" blade/led holder

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

GeluKhanGharr
11-23-2005, 07:25 PM
as always, Tim to the rescueeeeeee! lol

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

suit_man
11-23-2005, 08:07 PM
sounds like it could be a plan, but it will be a while before i can do it. seeing as how i am 17 and in classes like calculus and advanced placement physics, i don't have too much time to make money :) do you think you could make an adapter for the vader conversion? when i get the cash, i would love to convert one, and use a 3/4" blade.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Corbin_Das
12-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Hi all.
A 3/4" blade can be done, but it tends to be dimmer than a 1" blade. I just took a couple pictures of a thin walled 3/4" polycarb blade and included a 1" OD blade for comparison. Here's the pics:

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/corbinspics6-cyanfull.jpg

Here it is with a 1" OD blade. Note the brighter/fuller core:

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/corbinspics6-endscomparison.jpg

These blades were made using my custom blade film and a reflective surface on the base of the tip. Due to the upward viewing angle of the camera, I was able to capture a lot of the flare coming off of the reflective tip base.
I'm thinking of offering 3/4" blades for sale soon, but I'm still "tweaking" them a bit.

Corbin Das

Corbin_Das@Hotmail.com