PDA

View Full Version : complete LED sabers

Andy88
10-29-2005, 06:50 AM
how much would you charge for a complete LED saber?

Strydur
10-29-2005, 07:23 AM
I dont offer complete LED sabers yet. The only reason is I am still working on finding a decent blade diffuser for the 1/8" walled PolyC. I am working with a vendor to find what will work the best.

I do have a couple MR vader conversions that I will for $250 if anyone is interested.

Tim

Kyaen
11-04-2005, 02:15 AM
I'm not sure if the guy is around anymore, but there's a gentleman who created a site www.saberology.com and all of his sabers were led. He'd found some company that would create his polycarbonate blades with some kind of fiberoptic lining which caused the whole blade to illuminate very well. Since he's charging near 400 for a saber I don't know if he's share his sources or not, but it's worth a look, I also think he'll sell you just the blade if you're interested.

"You're father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but you're uncle wouldn't allow it..." -Obi Wan Kenobi

Darth Vengus
11-04-2005, 11:26 AM
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">Strydur, what would I need besides your led hilt kit, a length of your poly-c tubing and the end-cap? Is the brightness for a red Luxeon 3w emitter equal to an FX el blade? And finally, when you find a better diffuser, would I be able to the new one in the old hilt kit? Thanks for the info.

Vengus</font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord

Strydur
11-04-2005, 01:55 PM
The led's are generally as bright or brighter than a FX saber. You could buy the polyc and end cap and use whatever you can find for a diffuser until I offer one and then replace it with what I sell yes.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Darth Vengus
11-07-2005, 06:15 AM
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="red">Strydur, is the 7/16"OD 5/16"ID high density polyethylene you sell on your EL blade supplies page what you recommend for a diffuser for the LEDs until you find something better?</font id="red"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord

Strydur
11-07-2005, 08:46 AM
No, but you could use some 3/4" OD HDPE.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Darth Vengus
11-07-2005, 01:08 PM
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="3"><font color="red">Thanks for the info Strydur, I hope to put it to good use!

Vengus</font id="red"></font id="size3"></font id="Book Antiqua">

Corbin_Das
12-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Kyaen,
The guy you're talking about is named Aaron. I don't think he sells just his blades yet though. I haven't seen his blades in person yet, but I understand they are quite nice. We're about to trade one or two of my Custom Film Blades for his to see how they compare.

Corbin Das

Corbin_Das@Hotmail.com

Corbin's Components (www.youcanknow.org/corbin)