PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Knight

Jedi Ranger
04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
How about a new costume everyone!!

I have been DYING to get one of these made since I saw the VERY FIRST frame in the Legacy comics.

I've had the hilt done for almost a year now, but nothing else.

These are the first photos, spread over a 2-day event, the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. I had not even tried on the thing as a whole until the morning of the first day! After 2 days of trooping, there are several repairs/mods/upgrades I will be making. Most of them won't be noticeable in photos.

Click here for pics of my brand new Imperial Knight!!!!!!!!!

http://sites.google.com/site/jediranger/Home/imperial-knight

As a reminder, here is a link to my IK lightsaber page.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/Star_Wars_Gear_Imperial_Knight.htm

Jedi-Loreen
04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Nice work, Kris. Looks great! :D

Onli-Won Kanomi
04-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Excellent!

Thaxos
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
That is amazing! Did you make it yourself? Also awesome to see a fellow Canadian! Your site is FULL of information, great resource!

Jedi Ranger
04-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys.

I ordered the (fiberglass) armour from the US. It was the very LAST set he had, left over from a run of 10 a couple years ago.

Barmic Rin
05-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Dagnammit Kris, you always have such nice clothes in your dress up box!!!! LOL!!

I'd tweak how the hood sits a bit, but maybe it's just that pic (or my eyes!)

Tradeliphine
05-01-2009, 02:28 AM
very nice work man

Jedi Ranger
05-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I'd tweak how the hood sits a bit, but maybe it's just that pic (or my eyes!)

Well, it probably just the pic (or your eyes). The hood is plenty big enough, and I can pull it all the way over my head and have it totally hide my entire face and head. I also have a magnetic clasp I can leave open or close for a more open or tighter/closer fit. What did you have in mind?

Kal El Rah
05-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Very Nice, looks like you had alot of fun.:D

Sairon
05-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Looks very nice, I have to get my saber and sithy costume built and have a duel with you somtime soon.

sekrogue1985
05-02-2009, 12:39 PM
killer costume man!

Barmic Rin
05-03-2009, 03:21 AM
Well, it probably just the pic (or your eyes). The hood is plenty big enough, and I can pull it all the way over my head and have it totally hide my entire face and head. I also have a magnetic clasp I can leave open or close for a more open or tighter/closer fit. What did you have in mind?

I think i'd just secure it further back so it didn't come over the face that much, but that's just me, the rest I love!

Jedi Ranger
05-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Well, I can position the hood in lots of ways because it is so large. If you read Legacy #6, you'll see what I was trying to emulate.

Barmic Rin
05-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Ah.... Is it just me or does that seem a more 'ceremonial' version of the cape?

Other issues don't seem to have quite so big a hood, and the cape doesn't go in front of the arms. Hmm, worth checking the DH boards for that...

Jedi Ranger
05-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I specifically chose the rare cloak version to hide the fact that I don't have full back armour (yet), and to help balance the weight of the cloak to keep it from choking me. This cloak version also make it feasible to wear the cloak without having to secure it at the throat. Securing the clasp forces the cloak to hide a lot of the chest armour.

Ironphoenix
06-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Great looking costume! I think I recognize the building too, were you at Wizard World Dallas 2008 when those pics were taken?