PDA

View Full Version : need help on batt pack

draftnbyu
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM
i will order all my parts to build a k2 green and lux3 royal blue today, but need advice.

i will use only a resistor for these led's, so what voltage would you guys recomend for each?

does anyone know what the v output for this holder would be http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062239&tab=features

i was think of 4 aa and calculated my resistor's on a 6v pack. i was thinking that at 6v with resistors i would get better run times than 2aa, am i right?

Jay-gon Jinn
04-29-2009, 11:33 AM
2 AA wouldn't provide enough voltage to properly light those led's anyway, so stick with the 4-AA 6 volt battery holder.

draftnbyu
04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
2 AA wouldn't provide enough voltage to properly light those led's anyway, so stick with the 4-AA 6 volt battery holder.

so that one at radio shack is wired for 6 volt?
6v be fine or 7.4 be better?
i went with the square batt pack cause i saw youre post about them fitting tight in the 1.5 sink tube, didnt want rattle,lol

Darth Demens
04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
so that one at radio shack is wired for 6 volt?
6v be fine or 7.4 be better?
i went with the square batt pack cause i saw youre post about them fitting tight in the 1.5 sink tube, didnt want rattle,lol

yeah, thats a 6v pack. I've actually used it myself for some other projects. That should be fine for both LEDs if you've got the right resistors for them.

xl97
04-29-2009, 01:38 PM
each battery (cell) is 1.5v each.. x 4 = 6V total....

draftnbyu
04-29-2009, 05:57 PM
thats what i thought. i did some searching and it cost me $36 to build 1.5 sink tube sabers( no sound of course ). i just purchased 2 k2 greens for $2.99 apiece off graigs list,oh yeah!

i notice alot of peps building sink tube and MHS part sabers using MR sound boards. Are you guys buying whole sabers and then breaking them down just for sound?

Jedi-Loreen
04-29-2009, 06:23 PM
thats what i thought. i did some searching and it cost me $36 to build 1.5 sink tube sabers( no sound of course ). i just purchased 2 k2 greens for $2.99 apiece off graigs list,oh yeah!
Please be respectful of the fact that this message board is attached to a Store.

i notice alot of peps building sink tube and MHS part sabers using MR sound boards. Are you guys buying whole sabers and then breaking them down just for sound?
Sometimes. Or if they can find broken ones.

draftnbyu
04-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Meant no disrespect, i thought about that. i didnt mention that $32 of it came from TCSS on an order i placed today. sorry guys