PDA

View Full Version : Well.... this friday... my lightsaber

DJMoonbass
04-21-2009, 02:35 PM
yes... the moment is so near! this friday i dont have school so open machine shop here i come!!! this is the design for it.... yes its long... as you see it its about 14" but it will grow to about 18" after the MHS pieces... i wanted more of a staff feel so thats why i designed it long... theres alot more detail then what you see... it would have taken me three times as long to add it all in...

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Part1-3.jpg

and then heres the draft that ill be machining by keeping in mind all the extra machining stuff ill be doing to it..

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/lightsaberdraft.jpg

well hopefully this friday ill be able to show you the first stages!

Rhyen Skytracker
04-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Can't wait to see it finished.

DJMoonbass
04-21-2009, 02:40 PM
it will be amazing!!!!! theres so much work going in then what you see.... lots of detail.... and light

Kal El Rah
04-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Interesting, can't wait for your updates.8)

cardcollector
04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
My money is on 550 posts before you make your first saber!!!!;)

can't wait to see it.

DJMoonbass
04-21-2009, 04:23 PM
550 and i have three days till.... probably right lol. i cant wait to see it finished either

Roy's Blues
04-21-2009, 09:04 PM
It looks similar to an ultrasabers liberator that has been reversed with the knurling removed.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Nailbunny375/liberator/100_4567.jpg

DJMoonbass
04-21-2009, 09:29 PM
wow. that is just a coincidence. i swear i have never seen that lightsaber before in my life!!! and besides it will look totally different in the end.

i cant believe you have a flame directed at me as your signature. lol :lol:

Kal El Rah
04-21-2009, 09:40 PM
wow. that is just a coincidence. i swear i have never seen that lightsaber before in my life!!! and besides it will look totally different in the end.

i cant believe you have a flame directed at me as your signature. lol :lol:

LOLOL.

very nice design.

Eco
04-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Actually, that would make a very nice KOTOR-saber if you just closed off the threads on the end of the pommel with a 1.2" double female and low profile MPS.
Dig it, looking forward to seeing it done.

DJMoonbass
04-22-2009, 10:31 AM
lol. you are right pn the money. i have a three inch double female and MPS pommel style 5. but then i will have alot of custom laser cut sink tube shrouds on it as well as a crap load of light windows.... and some cool riviting, knurling, activation box work, and powder coating...

Tradeliphine
04-22-2009, 02:20 PM
why didnt you put all the details in the render?

cardcollector
04-22-2009, 02:26 PM
it would have taken me three times as long to add it all in...

My guess is that's why.;)

DJMoonbass
04-22-2009, 08:33 PM
lol. yup and some of the stuff is a little to advanced program work that i dont know how to do. update! ill be machining it tomorow AND friday! i just hope the shop has some seriously long 1" and 3/4" drill bits.... hey wade got any i can borrow? ;)

Jedi-Loreen
04-23-2009, 02:13 AM
lol. yup and some of the stuff is a little to advanced program work that i dont know how to do. update! ill be machining it tomorow AND friday! i just hope the shop has some seriously long 1" and 3/4" drill bits.... hey wade got any i can borrow? ;)

You don't even know if they have long enough drill bits yet? :roll:

I think I might have found that out as I was working on the design for my saber.

Tradeliphine
04-23-2009, 02:47 AM
I saw his post, I read threads before I reply, my question was why put in half the effort for something so technical as a 3d render of a prototype. Its kinda like an architect showing up at a groundbreaking ceremony and telling the public/construction crew that the future building will be grandiose and perfect, and then drawing them a picture that looks like

/\
/ \
|_|

I see where he just said that some of the stuff he doesnt know how to do, but the rest, cut due to time/effort? Someone needs to look up due diligence

DJMoonbass
04-23-2009, 12:50 PM
lol i see your point. but most of the stuff im machining i cant do on the program because i dont know how to simulate it. as for today i got all the internal boring and drilling done. yes they had plenty long drill bits and Reems

Barmic Rin
04-23-2009, 12:52 PM
The boy learns....

There sounds like there's going to be too much going on with the hilt for how I would do it, but that's a nice design thus far.

Me personally, I like my saber the same way I like my women; Simple, elegant, and I can comfortably get both hands around it.

As for the length, that may be an issue dependant on your height, but you can do anything with practice...

It's nice to see you've got something to show for all this postwhoring...

DJMoonbass
04-23-2009, 05:39 PM
LOL!!! if it turns out to be tooo long ill get a shorter blade. but i prefer the staff feeling above anything else. and yes theres going to be a ton of detail on this thing. i dont expect to get it done in one week. lol

ArkaiHalon
04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
The boy learns....
Me personally, I like my saber the same way I like my women; Simple, elegant, and I can comfortably get both hands around it.

dude, I just spit smoothie all over my laptop.

Hasid Lafre
04-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Its friday, better have some pics.

Barmic Rin
04-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Hasid is in a whomping mood....

Rhyen Skytracker
04-24-2009, 10:20 AM
We are waiting!!!!!!

Swordlord
04-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I find your apparent lack of saber disturbing...

sithlordfaust
04-24-2009, 12:06 PM
aw give him a break guys :wink: ... lol

virus692
04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
aw give him a break guys :wink: ... lol

Ok Where shoukd I Start?
Arm, leg, finger, toe, neck...:mrgreen:

DJMoonbass
04-24-2009, 12:30 PM
lol! well i got more done today!! i dont know if i should post pictures opf my progress or all ai once once its finished. im coming back to the shop tomorow to work on it some more. wow this is soooo exciting. i feel all tingly inside! :-D

Kal El Rah
04-24-2009, 12:48 PM
lol! well i got more done today!! i dont know if i should post pictures opf my progress or all ai once once its finished. im coming back to the shop tomorow to work on it some more. wow this is soooo exciting. i feel all tingly inside! :-D

"Gigity,Gigity Goo"

Darth Leximus
04-24-2009, 01:02 PM
I say you post as you go...

Obi-Ben
04-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Just post some freaking progress shots. I don't like to wait.

Ideal
04-24-2009, 01:04 PM
go ahead and post what you got, that way the disbelievers can see you are making progress.

ArkaiHalon
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I say you post as you go...
agreed. Most of us do progress threads, so let this be yours.

DJMoonbass
04-25-2009, 07:08 PM
okay!!!!! well i finally got the hilt done. and its allmost done... except for some serious Mill-Fu. and lots of it. and the the sink tube shrouds.... so for all of you haters and non believers..... here it is. yes i know its long... its a whopping 17"! but i wanted it that way because i wanted a staff feel.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040523.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040524.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040526.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040529.jpg

Tradeliphine
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
so if this is all one piece how are you going to wire it? and hold the heatsink? and fit batteries/sound?

JediMasterDak
04-25-2009, 07:19 PM
That is............. How should I say this.............

AWESOME!!!!!!:):cool::cool::cool:

Great work on the machining!!!!!:):):):)

Now, were's the next?;)

DJMoonbass
04-25-2009, 07:20 PM
well.... i am designing an optics holder assembly with tapped holes about an inch apart. it will slide up in side and be bolted from countersunk screws on the hilt and be the base for the blade. it will hold the heatsink with the small hex screw inserts. and then i have the board mount made from teflon... ill post the designs for the mount sometime next week once i get it made. lol

Ideal
04-25-2009, 07:41 PM
im really looking forward to how this turns out, as it will directly influence an upcoming saber for me.

Thaxos
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Looking awesome so far Moonbass!

Swordlord
04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
That's a whopper of a hilt, DJ. I'm very interested to see what it will look like with the shroud and overlays. I like also that you're using PTFE (Teflon). It insulates and is easy to slide in and out of the hilt. Plus it's a dream to machine.

well.... i am designing an optics holder assembly with tapped holes about an inch apart. it will slide up in side and be bolted from countersunk screws on the hilt and be the base for the blade.
Are you going to drill the countersunk holes in the hilt first, as guides for the optics/electronics sled? Or, are you going to rely on precise measurements to get the alignment correct? I also couldn't see the base cap in your photos. Does it have a speaker mount and/or venting for sound?

Kal El Rah
04-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Nice MAJOR HILTAGE there DJ. I like it alot now that we have a pic of it.

Can't wait to see the rest.;)

Obi-Ben
04-26-2009, 06:52 AM
NICE work. Are you going to have a standard length blade, or will it be a little shorter because the hilt/staff is longer? Definitely show us the electronics mount when you finish it. I think I'm actually more interested in learning how people mount and support the electronics than seeing their choices for hilt design.

xl97
04-26-2009, 03:30 PM
good job.. but I still think you are going to wish you made the hilt modular in some respect..

Im having a PITA right now using a one piece hilt that is only 8.5 in long..

and it doesn have a screw on/off bladeholder & pommel..

good luck. :)

Donnovan Sunrider
04-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Wow.
Congratulations on getting the thing made, but it's going to be quite the task to get switches and any accent LEDs wired through there. I hope you have some really long tweezers to work with.

It looks like you'd be able to beat down a rhino with that thing. You don't need a blade with that beast of a hilt.

Darth Xusia
04-26-2009, 05:27 PM
I cant wait to see the inner workings of this LLOOOONNNGG saber. Sweet lathe work btw.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Cheese and rice! That thing is a monster!

Keep us posted with lots of pictures. I'd like to see your building and wiring process in detail.

Just a tip for you, but you probably know this already. Use good soldering techniques, and make sure to use heatshrink tubing on all your connections. Make sure your connections are rock solid, and everything is well insulated. Triple check everything, and bench test before you install.

By the looks of it, you're going to have quite a challenge putting the guts in this saber, and you'll tear your hair out if you have to pull it all out again if something goes wrong.

Titoshi
04-26-2009, 06:33 PM
nice work. It is good to see the bite with the bark!:p Just take your time with the wiring and remember some times you just have to walk away from it a few times so you don't wind up throwing it across the workshop. can't wait to see the finished product!

Barmic Rin
04-27-2009, 03:53 AM
I like it. As I said, I wouldn't bling it up too much, or it detracts from the overall effect imho, i'd maybe do afew accent lights, and that'd be it, not even a shroud.

17" is ridiculously long, but it'll be interesting to see you try and work a fighting style for it.

Good job.

DJMoonbass
04-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Are you going to drill the countersunk holes in the hilt first, as guides for the optics/electronics sled? Or, are you going to rely on precise measurements to get the alignment correct? I also couldn't see the base cap in your photos. Does it have a speaker mount and/or venting for sound?

yes i am relying on precise measurements. us machinists have a tendency to that... lol. the base cap is a MPS pommel style 5 with an insert... i just got the battery speaker combo yesterday.! yeay! and i alsp bought a two inch double female. beacuse i cant do internal threading yet... thats next school year!

Obi ben: yes am using a 38" TCSS battle blade... it is rather short for my taste but it just depends when i adjust my fighting style if i like it or not... it tool me four hours to make that teflon board mount! wow that was a chore!

Donnovan: well i decided not to go with any accent LEDs.. and for the reason of the hilts leangth. ill probably use the LEDs i have wired up ready to go on a later saber.

everyone else:
i still have a TON of mill work to do. i have to drill tiny light hole along the sides of the activation box as well as using precise measurment to mount the switch in... i am using 2/56 unc screws. (im scared to tap those) lol. and then i have the small grips on the 2 inch connector. holes on the minore diameter of the hilt near the emmiter. those will go around every 60 degrees. (those will look pretty cool) and last but not least my favorite personal touch... i will mill in slots on the hilt thats 1/2" and goes im half the diameter of the hilt it self. those will serve as light windows and grips. for the upper half of the hilt.... so lots of stuff. ill keep yall updated!

Sith-Man
04-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Looks great.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/lightsaberdraft.jpg

What program is that?

xwingband
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm guessing Inventor... it's one I haven't played with much yet. The materials in the picture look like it though.

DJMoonbass
04-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Yes that is autodesk inventor professional 2008. However I will most likely be switching over to mastercam X3 2009 pretty soon. It's alot better becuase it's like inventor but then it has all the settings and applications for toolpaths and CNC. Oh yeah!

jaiden_teed
04-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Lol, i've had a good laugh reading this thread so far, and DJ, that saber is awesome, will be keeping an eye on the progress on this good job!

DJMoonbass
04-30-2009, 08:25 PM
:Dwell heres the grip section! i decided to take one of the grips off and put the clip there. :P i thank it came out great. i got the idea for the screws in the middle by Rhyen Skytracker. thank you wade! ;):D

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040533.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040535.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040538.jpg

yeah its a small section but thats what i like about it... its more of a saber accent then anything else...

Rhyen Skytracker
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
That makes a huge difference. Great job.

JediMasterDak
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Five years later!
(or 3 minutes, lol)
Great addition DJ!:p:p:p:p:p
It's definitely coming along nicely:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DJMoonbass
04-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Five years later!
(or 3 minutes, lol)
Great addition DJ!:p:p:p:p:p
It's definitely coming along nicely:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

thats one of many, many, many, many manymanymanymany things going on it. lol. ;)

Eco
04-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Actually, that looks pretty great.
If the hilt weren't so long, that'd make just for a neat hilt, end of story.
But with one that long, it obviously won't be done till you do more.

MORE.
I DEMAND MORE!
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Keep it up!

wallflores1469@aol.com
04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
now thats what im talkin about nice grip style and i love the bedspread i got one from rotj from when i was a kid

Jedi-Loreen
04-30-2009, 11:06 PM
You're making progress.

It still looks awfully long though.

Novastar
05-01-2009, 12:32 AM
I think he planned it that way (14" to 18" was target goal???)... at least, that is what was said in some of the first posts.

Revan
05-01-2009, 01:11 AM
sweet. a little long for my taste. (gigity). but still pretty neat!

DJMoonbass
05-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Today I'm designing the optics and led heatsink holder insert and milling out some stuff on the activation box to hold the switch. Next Friday and Saturday is more open shop time.

Sairon
05-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Holy William Wallace Broadsword Saber!!!!!!!!! That is one cool looking longsaber!

DJMoonbass
05-06-2009, 10:54 AM
well this is awsome... i get to work on my saber again on Friday and saturday.... heck i might even get it done.... i hope...

Sethski
05-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Lookin good! I really like what you've done with the grip section, look forward to seeing what details you include on the rest of the hilt and the finished article...

...and kudos that you're walking the walk as well as talking the talk ;)

Thaxos
05-06-2009, 05:00 PM
well this is awsome... i get to work on my saber again on Friday and saturday.... heck i might even get it done.... i hope...

Needs more pics!:mrgreen:

DJMoonbass
05-10-2009, 12:52 PM
well heres my updates.! i built and finished my optics modual... that was cool. and then my "to be" world famous activation box. oh yeah!!!! sorry for the wait it took me a while to get more time in the shop at the college.

optics modual: http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040682.jpg

optics removed:http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040683.jpg

to be world famous box: http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040684.jpg

top: http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040685.jpg

bottom: http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040686.jpg

well i hope you like it.

the optics modual is standard aluminum with a 1.245 OD and it slides perfectly inside my hilt. the lens sits right behind a 100 thousandths lip at about .075 diameter and then the rest of the mount is about an inch. and then using a mill i machined those lil grooves for the wires. the optics assembly is locked in by 2 10/24 UNC set screws on either side and the mosual is mounted using two 8/32 bolts.

as for the box... wow that was a chore. just alot of milling and some small holes on the bottom at .181" apart. i had to use carefull measuring and an optical comparator for getting the measurments on the switch. the switch mounts in using 2 2/56" bolts. (im scared to tap those) and then the box is mounted using 2 countersunk 6/32 bolts. the switch will fit on the hilt after i mill in a slot that will go all the way through to the blade. that way light will sort of light up the box through the holes on the bottom.....

well still more to come!!!!!

Rhyen Skytracker
05-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Great job DJ. I can't wait to see everything finished. Looks like you are starting to make a few people eat their words. (including me) Keep up the great work.

Lord Dottore Matto
05-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Nice effort on those optics DJ!

DJMoonbass
05-11-2009, 10:28 AM
x197... this is how i mount my optics in a one piece hilt. i cant wait to get this finished. thanks LDM. is that how you do your optics as well?

Barmic Rin
05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
'To Be World Famous'?

Arrogance is not becoming of you.

I agree, you have impressed me with your lathe-fu, but don't get ****y.

xl97
05-11-2009, 10:51 AM
hopefully it will be easy to mount your 'optics' in yoursaber easily.. (which is what i was commenting on)

also be sure yoru wire/solder doesnt ground out on your LED

sithlordfaust
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
'To Be World Famous'?

Arrogance is not becoming of you.

I agree, you have impressed me with your lathe-fu, but don't get ****y.

I think hes entitled to be a little ****y to us naysayers and flamers.

once its together and working, hell have even more license. even if its still an IF

good work so far though DJ

Tradeliphine
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
not really faust, while he may feel the right, he would be better to be humble and proud, take the higher road ya know, then whether the others choose to complement him or not will reflect on them, not him, and to play devils advocate, not everyone was saying it was impossible for him to make a saber, just commenting on his tone and posting style, so unless that changes, i dont really see how hes making all the naysayers eat their words like a lot of other new guys were saying

Jedi coral
05-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Saber is looking awsome so far dude. and i like the grip section at the bottom and how it has been attached. look forward to the next update.

DJMoonbass
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
lol. i was just kiddin about the to be world famous activation box. it wasnt that hard to do. i think its coming out great. it seems that barmic rin is still harshing my progress melow. lol. im not going to go all "i told you so". and i dont want the rights to through it in the flamers face and make them eat there words. i just want to be another saber builder in the community with stuff to share and ideas and products to make available to the community in the years to come. im just havin fun doing this. i will be doing a video when its done with my techno song i made to theme my saber. that should be fun. :grin:

Tradeliphine
05-12-2009, 02:21 PM
it looks like the box suffered some beveling when you countersunk the screw holes, what type of tool did you use that had that wide of a berth? couldnt a regular drill bit have worked? or were those intended markings? its hard to tell from your render

Jedi-Loreen
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
I was wondering about that too.

bigbret50
05-12-2009, 05:11 PM
sorry DJ I did the same thing as far has the switch in the activation box. But I used box 2 instead of 1. I am sure others have done that as well. The progress is coming along nice though. In a few more months you might be done. :)

Barmic Rin
05-13-2009, 03:20 AM
I'm not flaming the building, solely your arrogance.

Though the saber is too long for my personal tastes, it's still impressive, as i've already stated. it's a good design, I guess those few days you were pretty much silent were spent reading. My biggest gripe was always your lack of reading, now you've started to do so, the flaming has eased somewhat. The flamethrower has been put down for now.
Though i'll still keep it handy.....

Eco
05-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Wow, that heatsink looks a lot like Tim's!
How long did it take you to mill that? :D
Lawlz.

DJMoonbass
05-23-2009, 06:51 PM
OKAY WHO WANTS UDATED PICS!!! well here ya go...

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040697.jpg

for some reason my measurments went off and the space in between the top two slots is SO not a half inch but it worked out perfectly. because the optics holder is right at the bottom of the bottom slot.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040698.jpg
heres the box mounted... i need to sand the bottom at an angle just soooo slightly so it will sit flat.... for some reason its not.... i still have to grind the screws stivking out of the top and then the screws holding the box to the hilt....

now you are probably wondering how the heck is the switch going to work from there? heres your answer.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/P1040699.jpg
as you can see i milled some pockets all the way down the hilt so the wires will go on the outside.... (i got sich a crapy finish because the endmill was all chipped up and i didnt look at it first. but you wont see it anyway...) then into the hilt at the bottom. a shroud will go over the wires covering it up. i had to mill a pocket beneath the box so the switch would have enough clearance. which it does now. so thats it for about another week.

hope you like it!

Kal El Rah
05-24-2009, 12:03 AM
:cool:DDDDDDD DJ, that is coming along just wonderful, good work so far.:cool:

Rhyen Skytracker
05-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Looking great so far DJ.

Lord Dottore Matto
05-24-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm watching DJ;)

Barmic Rin
05-24-2009, 02:05 AM
It's really coming together.

cardcollector
05-24-2009, 07:21 AM
It is looking really impressive. can't wait to see what it looks like in a week!!

DJMoonbass
05-24-2009, 12:51 PM
me to im really enjoying this.... my parents are really impressed too. thats really good... im just hoping my soundboard still works. if not ill just buy a 1000 ma BP and call it good. sacrifice sound for way more brightness itll be all good homies!!!

sithlordfaust
05-24-2009, 02:04 PM
why do you think youll get more brioghtness with a puck over a soundboard. what soundboard are you using?

Eco
05-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Well, well, well.
Adding the open part of your hilt increased the awesome factor by quite a few levels!

Lookin' good!

Sairon
05-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Looking good, but geeze it ever long.:)

DJMoonbass
05-26-2009, 12:55 PM
why do you think youll get more brioghtness with a puck over a soundboard. what soundboard are you using?

its an MR luke ROTJ puts out about 750 mA and if i get a 1000 mA puck ill be brighter.... but whatver happens it will be good.

Rhyen Skytracker
05-26-2009, 01:07 PM
It depends what power source you use as to how much current you will get out of a MR. I have a MR Luke that is putting out 1.24 A and I am using 4 AAA batteries.

DJMoonbass
05-26-2009, 01:14 PM
well then thats what im getting as well. ive just got my info on the forums....

wookieecrisp
05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Wow! That's lookin' good!

DJMoonbass
06-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Okay most recent updates i did this yesterday. I used an Indexer to drill a 6 hole the 8 hole than 6 hole configuration in between all the slots and then a CRAP load of drilling and tapping.... (the holes are really hard to see) My favy is how i crowned the tip of the emmiter. this is going to look SOOO friggin cool lit up man...... i cant wait.
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/0602091947.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/0602091946a.jpg

AND

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/0602091946.jpg

Its alot better looking in person... my phone takes really crappy photos.... well thats it fo' now. ill do more tomorow: drill and tap the holes for the mounting of the innards. and then it should light up by friday!!!!!

JediMasterDak
06-02-2009, 08:27 PM
That looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet DJ!
:D:D:D:D:D:D
I wanna see it lit!

DJMoonbass
06-02-2009, 08:32 PM
dude i wont be able to sleep tonigh cuz im so excited about it. and i just about pissed myself when i saw the trailer for SWTOR

JediMasterDak
06-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Dude I watched that trailer like a million times!
It loooks

AWESOME

DJMoonbass
06-02-2009, 08:39 PM
im using some of the moves in my HUGE battle next year.... its os going to be the biggest starwars event Oregon has seen. over 12 highschools are participating.... hopefully.... plus middleschools and stuff

JediMasterDak
06-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I'll fly out from Arizona lol. :D:D:D:D
My army will come with! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

DJMoonbass
06-02-2009, 09:10 PM
dude if you want, come on over!!! especially during the filming. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME TO OREGON FOR THE DUELING AND FILMING STAGE OF THE YEAR ALL ARE WELCOME! i need as many people as possible.... (im going to need a bigger field)

Eco
06-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Whoa, wait, where in Oregon is this?

(Your saber is looking pretty dang sick, man! Keep it up!)

DJMoonbass
06-03-2009, 01:46 PM
oregon City... so not far from you eco... theres also some people in albany ill try and get ova here. I PMd you about it....

Rhyen Skytracker
06-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Your saber is looking awesome DJ. I am going to try to make the saber in the last scene of SWTOR. It looks so awesome. SSSSSHHHHHH, don't tell anyone, it is a secret.

JediMasterDak
06-03-2009, 02:28 PM
What were you saying about making THE SABER FROM SWTOR????? lol :D:D:D:D

Rhyen Skytracker
06-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Waves Hand.....This is not the saber you were looking for. Nothing to see here...move along.

JediMasterDak
06-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Man not a gain! :mad::mad:
Lord Vader is going to be very angry with me!

Sairon
06-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Waves Hand.....This is not the saber you were looking for. Nothing to see here...move along.

Which saber, the jedi's or the sithy's? Because you could make the siths with mostly mhs parts and two custom blads/claws.

Barmic Rin
06-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Rhyen, you will make me a sandwich.... Chicken Salad. On wholemeal bread. No tomatoes.

Also, keep us updated on that one...

Your hilt is really coming along DJ, though i'm rarely afan of holes in the neck. Especially that many...

Rhyen Skytracker
06-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Which saber, the jedi's or the sithy's? Because you could make the siths with mostly mhs parts and two custom blads/claws.

The Jedi saber, it looks like a real challenge.

I can't wait to see DJ's saber lit up. I think it will look awesome.

Sairon
06-03-2009, 07:09 PM
The Jedi saber, it looks like a real challenge.

I can't wait to see DJ's saber lit up. I think it will look awesome.

Yes, dj's saber will be a saber to remember when finished. As for the jedi's saber the grip near the end of the saber could be made with a heatshrink and then the three holes could be cut out.

DJMoonbass
06-04-2009, 09:29 AM
I will be the one to make the jedis saber. ill CNC it. barmic... i love holes. lol that is so wierd to say!

but i wanted lots and lots and lots and lots and LOTS of windows!

JediMasterDak
06-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Well the windows are a nice touch.
Keep it up and you'll and up with a metal piece of swiss cheese lol. :D:D:D:D

DJMoonbass
06-04-2009, 02:08 PM
uuugh. i was going to finish the holes for the screws down the hilt that will hold the shroud on and someone took the Indexer to the CNC mill.... I AM MAD :mad: i was going to finish this puppy up today! i did get the holes drilled and countersunk for my board mount and optics modual...

JediMasterDak
06-04-2009, 02:11 PM
yay :D:D

DJMoonbass
06-05-2009, 12:40 PM
i dont know if i should just wire it up now and drill the holes later or what? should I?

Kal El Rah
06-05-2009, 11:46 PM
GO FOR IT DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

DJMoonbass
06-06-2009, 11:07 AM
well i got it done. i spent an entire hour getting that stupid indexer remounted and dialed in. :rolleyes:. i hate dialing crap in.. and i finished everything up... i even threw in a surprise in the saber: A makeshift crystal chamber! its actually the lens and holder but you can see it and lit up it will look like a crystal. well later on today i have to run to the hardware store get some 1/4 and 1/8 8-32 and a small 2/56 and after that i wire it up (cross fingers and hope my soundboard works...) and once its radaiating awsomeness ill post pics! hey do clo ill get you those drawings...

Rhyen Skytracker
06-06-2009, 01:11 PM
You may want to get some of the screws in bulk fro McMaster.com. For what you pay for a few at the hardware store, you can get 50 from McMaster.com.

Sethski
06-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Looking really good in the latest pics, can't wait to see it lit!

DJMoonbass
06-06-2009, 08:29 PM
well give it about a couple hours and it will be.... :D:D:p;):o:-P:):D;)