PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball: Evolution

Jedi554
04-19-2009, 10:22 AM
What did you think of it?

Personally, I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't great either, but it's worthy enough to become a part of the Dragonball franchise, IMO.

Ideal
04-19-2009, 11:23 AM
damn, its out already? i didnt even know...

Sairon
04-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Goku is white, (not to be racist) which kinda made me kinda dissapointed other than that the movie is okay.

Nightwing
04-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Goku is white, which kinda made me kinda dissapointed other than that the movie is okay.
Well, Goku always did look more Caucasian than Asian, anyway.

Ideal
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
being an alien and all, i kinda figured he shouldnt necessarily be asian. kinda like with Ryu from street fighter, we dont know what nationality he is originially, just where he grew up

Lord Maul
04-19-2009, 04:21 PM
I think they altered the story too much. From the previews, Goku isn't muscular, they don't fly (drive around town instead), and they don't eat rice super fast. That's why I voted fail.

sekrogue1985
04-19-2009, 05:14 PM
I think they altered the story too much. From the previews, Goku isn't muscular, they don't fly (drive around town instead), and they don't eat rice super fast. That's why I voted fail.

he's also in school and dealing with his raging hormones :p

Darth Cipher
04-19-2009, 05:22 PM

in dragonball goku is suppose to be a kid who wasn't 'muscular' just super strong and fast...and doesn't know how to fly yet...he had a cloud to ride on.
in dragonball z he could fly...i haven't seen the movie yet...so im just going off you guys...

37H4N
04-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Haven't seen it yet but I think it's gonna be an epic fail. I just don't like when people mess with an screw up a good show that I grew up watching. I know it's supposed to be an addaptation or something so not really following the show exactly down to the very last speck of dirt but still.

That's just my speculation right now. Being that I have yet to see it, I cannot completely bash it.

It'll probaly be a dvd rental for me though, ain't gonna shell out nine bucks for something that I will most likely not like very much.

Sorry for the negative aura in this post. :)

Darth Cipher
04-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Just saw it...terrible movie...bad acting and casting. Doesn't follow the actual dragonball story just uses basic ideas from the series and character names. Don't feel bad if you pirate it, cause its a waste of disc space. Even if you dont like anime watching the cartoon version will be more enjoyable than that was.

Ideal
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
once i was reminded that it was out, i went to see it.

there were some things that werent that good (the Oozaru was way less impressive than even they wanted him to be) but overall it was enjoyable.

it came across as focusing a bit more on the fun and laughs, which is what Dragonball really was.

honestly, i dont think it could have been pulled off any better. there are only so many ways you can adapt Dragonball to live action. a Dragonball Z movie would probably have been easier to adapt

and as for the people that complain about no flying, etc. come back when you've actually seen Dragonball and make a comparison against that. comparing the movie against Dragonball Z is pointless

Barmic Rin
04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
There aren't that many DB fans over here, and I could never get into the show. But from the trailer, and the fact it's an adaption of a carton, I have to say it will fail over here.
There will be some merchandising, but it will go the way of Garfield, the Flintstones & all the cartoon live-action transitions.....

Also Ideal, Ryu was japanese, not just raised there. They just 'neutralised' his nationality to sell in the western market easier.

Hasid Lafre
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM
I was a DB fan but when I noticed they kept doing the same crap over and over again I said screw this, I got better things to watch.

37H4N
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
If they ever make a dragonball z live action film then I hope for their sakes they don't screw it up. That was a great show and although it was a ton better than DB IMO, and it probably would be easier to make, I still think they'd find a way to screw it up.

Obviously we all have differing oppinions, but should I even rent it when it comes out?

Ideal
04-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Obviously we all have differing oppinions, but should I even rent it when it comes out?

my final opinion on the movie. for those that have never seen DB, or have no real love for DB, you probably wont like it. but if you are fan of the original Dragon Ball, then it will at least be a fun little movie for you

thejedilestat
04-22-2009, 12:18 AM
havent seen it i do want to but in all honesty im still pissed about haveing to watch the freza saga 12 + times on cartoon network

Eco
04-22-2009, 09:14 AM
As a Dragonball/Dragonball Z fan from younger years, I think that Dragonball:Evolution is going to SUCK.
But I can't wait to go see it! :D

DigitalScream
04-22-2009, 10:33 AM
I too am a fan of DB and DBZ from the old days. I grew up watching it after school in Japan. If I remember correctly, DB was loosely based on the Journey to The West story out of China. I haven't seen the movie, but judging from the previews they seemed to skip that part all together. I'll fail it on that account if it is true.

~DS

DJMoonbass
04-22-2009, 11:06 AM
saw it. ive seen better movies.