PDA

View Full Version : led whip

darthrage
04-12-2009, 12:51 AM
is it possible to make an led lightwhip

my idea is to have an led at the base of some fiber optic cable and the fiber optic cable would be cut at varios length and encased inn some sort of clear heat shrink tube

Lord Dottore Matto
04-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Dig around, I think there is a rather lengthy thread about it somewhere, but I don't remember what the final verdict was.

here is one:http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=1839&highlight=light+whip

This may also give you some ideas: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=3297&highlight=light+whip

Ideal
04-12-2009, 01:50 AM
i seem to remember it was determined it was possible, but expensive, and you really wouldnt want to try to duel with it unless you were experieced with a whip already

Tradeliphine
04-12-2009, 08:35 AM
werent you the one who said you had read all the links and werent an idiot? you need to look better.

Ideal
04-12-2009, 11:04 AM
maybe he meant he only read all the links about building regular sabers

Tradeliphine
04-12-2009, 11:13 AM
In another thread about a darth maul saber he was asking simple questions that he would have found the answers to if he had but looked. When called on it he lashed out with an attack about how he had looked everywhere and would not post stuff without looking and he wasnt a noob like that, so my comment was more to the point that he claims to read up first and check the thread index, yet he asked about whips when there is at least one thread in the index about it that i know of, and a simple search brings up 16 threads.

cardcollector
04-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Is Lord Maul going to have to lock this thread too?!?!?:rolleyes:

Forgive and forget. A second chance is always deserved.

Tradeliphine
04-12-2009, 01:19 PM
meh, I mean the kid no ill will, I just wish he would do what he says, and after the other thread this would be his second chance. If he had an idea or wanted to theorycraft like the guy who linked the smd chains that would be one thing, but to just ask if anyone has thought about it lacks preparation. Im sorry, life and job lead to me being rather blunt

Lord Maul
04-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Once again, the lock is dropping.

If you guys have a problem with someone, take it up with ME via PM, not in the open forum.