04-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Nicely done!
It looks great

ARKM
04-11-2009, 05:17 PM
lol, cool.

Darth Siggious
04-15-2009, 12:27 PM
The best thing about this is that if you really dissect the stories, you could say that Star Wars is Lord of the Rings in space.

Follow me here.

Frodo = Luke (dude who wants more than he has, and will never give up no matter what the cost)

Gandalf = Obi Wan (the old hero of day's past who befriends the adolescent hero - has a connection to his evil counterpart - and who comes back later in a ghostly form)

Aragorn = Han Solo (Frodo met him in a bar, Luke met Han in a bar)

Legolas = C3PO (well, they're both kinda blonde, haha)

Gimli = R2D2 (haha, little guy)

Eowyn = Leia (the female heroine, and both are Princesses)

Eomer = Chewbacca (don't speak much, but are big dudes who roll heavy, plus the beards, haha)

Lando = Theoden (both are friends of Aragorn/Han and are forced into helping the bad guys)

Saruman = Darth Vader (messenger of evil - counterparts of the Gandalf/Obi Wan connection)

Sauron = Darth Siddious (obviously)

So, let's look at some of the highlights of the stories.

The Lord of the Rings/Star Wars is about a young hero who craves adventure but finds himself in a situation that was worse than he thought and more than he bargained for. They both live with their Uncles who are farmers, and who abandon the hero in an unexpected fashion.

Of course, the bad guys find out where the heroes are and send a team of Troopers/Black Riders to the farm. They are now both placed abruptly into the middle of a conflict that is well beyond their known power to resolve.

As they set out on their adventure, they both end up joining a greater power, The Fellowship of the Ring/Rebel Alliance to aide them in getting the job done.

Along the way, each hero finds out that someone in their "family" was seduced by the power of the bad/dark side, for Frodo it's Smiegel, for Luke, it's his father.

And finally (I left out a lot to keep this short), the ones who were seduced by the bad/dark side (Smiegel/Vader) are ultimately the destroyers of their Master (Sauron/Siddious).

Some other similarities:

The Hobbit/Ewok connection is there.

AT-AT's are Oliphaunts.

AT-ST's are trolls.

Storm Troopers/Orcs are effectively mass produced Clones. There's even a hierarchy to the soldiers with the Uruk-Hai/Crimson Guard.

Seriously, you can go on and on with similarities between the two franchises and accuse George of "stealing" if you want, but I love both and I'm not criticizing Star Wars at all, it's just something that my friends and I have talked about for years and years and you can buy in if you want, or you could just tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, that's cool too. :)

MasterRoop
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM
cool! right on!

Sairon
04-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Maul would be the witch king of angmar.