PDA

View Full Version : New Sith order (non-canon costuming group)?

bigbret50
04-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Ok, I know there is a ton of buzz with the New Jedi Collective group that is in the making, and would like to say first I have no intention of stealing any of their proverbial thunder. I have discussed with Darth Lex the possibility of a Sith group that would mirror that group and understandably they are focused on just one group for now. I can see two sides to this and I would like all of your opinions as well.

1.) I believe a Sith group would enhance a Jedi group and not take away membership or anyting like that. And by having both groups with the same standards tied together by a forums I think would improve the expierience for all.

2.) I can also see the concern that a Sith group would take away from the membership of a jedi group. Plus the time it would take to put both groups together and functioning at the desired level is a lot of work.

Please fill out the survey and let me know what you think.

I was/am going to put a site together with Sith History, Historic Profils, Trivia, Backstorys and more and can very easy turn it into a non-canon costume group and comunity. Basically I would do the above but add the costuming info/guidlines and membership. (the only thing I do not have expierience with is setting up a forums page) But again my opinion is you need a jedi group if your going to have a sith group. (ying and Yang deal)

Also please let me know what you all would like to see in a Sith site. I am going on vacation for a week but when I get back I am going to get started on putting something together.

As always thanks for the input everyone.

Ideal
04-10-2009, 10:43 AM
i had a big drawn out response to you, but im gonna save it for later and collect my thoughs a bit

the short of it is basically, of course you need Sith to fight Jedi, but i dont know if 2 completely seperate groups is really the best way to do it

DJMoonbass
04-10-2009, 10:49 AM
just let me know where and when to join the New Sith Legion. :D

Darth Siggious
04-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Hmm, there's no way to reply to the poll that I think it would add to the experience AND that I would join only the Sith group and not talk to any Jedi scum!

The first selection does NOT mean that you would join both groups right? Just that it would add to the overall experience for both collectives?

Who cares what the Jedi think anyway, let's do it to it bro!! Haha.

ARKM
04-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Unless the group is all about roleplaying as in L.A.R.P., then there is no need to segregate the groups into good and evil, Sith and Jedi. Also, for those into making fan films, the resource to pool from would be greater if the groups were not seperated as well as not "force using/lightsaber wielding" only. Thus for me, the Jedi Collective is flawed as is the Rebel Legion and the 501st. Mind you these are just my opinions.

The main thing about the Jedi Collective that is awesome is that they allow the use of non-canon costumes (there is only one N in canon people... unless you are shooting a cannon at something). That is a huge plus for them and is one of the flaws of the other costuming groups I mentioned.

That said, even if the groups are segregated, one forum is really all that is needed or necessary.

Drichar Deis
04-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Id join the Dark Side, Always prefered playing the bad guy.

bigbret50
04-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Unless the group is all about roleplaying as in L.A.R.P., then there is no need to segregate the groups into good and evil, Sith and Jedi. Also, for those into making fan films, the resource to pool from would be greater if the groups were not seperated as well as not "force using/lightsaber wielding" only. Thus for me, the Jedi Collective is flawed as is the Rebel Legion and the 501st. Mind you these are just my opinions.

The main thing about the Jedi Collective that is awesome is that they allow the use of non-canon costumes (there is only one N in canon people... unless you are shooting a cannon at something). That is a huge plus for them and is one of the flaws of the other costuming groups I mentioned.

That said, even if the groups are segregated, one forum is really all that is needed or necessary.

Non canon Jedi outfits. No Sith (or anything else for that matter) Which is why I like the subgroups. I would really like to only have one forum, and both groups while might not be officially tied together would probably be sister groups. I am getting some kick back on them being "related"

Barmic Rin
04-11-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm just worried that a Sith group would be full of kids with a black coat calling themselves Sith, although some probably wouldn't go so far as getting the coat.

I'm just being honest, but I see the Sith forum being full of postwhoring kids with usernames like 'Darth Evil' or 'Darth Monster'. Totally lame, they wouldn't add anything to the site besides clutter and annoyance for the true members.
If you're going to do a Sith group, I think you'd have to have stricter ruling than the Non-canon jedi one to weed out the PWing kids.
You must have your own fully working custom saber as a minimum, for example.

Just my thought on it.

Also, would you separate the fans from the 'role players'? Fans are fine, but role players are just embarassing in my experience (shudders at thoughts of the guy at CE)

chase
04-11-2009, 09:12 AM
I've expressed my opinion about a Sith sister group in the Jedi thread.

I believe it would be great to have a sister group, as long as the costumes are up to par. I COMPLETELY agree that there should be more strict standards to the costumes for Sith, and maybe even an age limit.

Having a sister group would enhance get togethers and convention gatherings. Theres nothing worse than being a Jedi and having to search out a decent Sith to take pictures with at a convention. Most Sith characters are either Darth Vader or Revan or Darth Nilihus. If you wanted to take it a step further, you could use a type of basic dueling system to put on choreographed demos. Having people that are in a group thats tied to another creates the trust needed for things like that...I wouldn't want to just duel some random guy, I don't know his fighting style, if he is going to go all out crazy and try to kill me, or just be completely awful and just mess things up and make it look bad.

Basically, I think its a good idea to have a sister group.

Rhyen Skytracker
04-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I agree that it should be on forum with sub groups. It will be alot better if you have any events to have both Jedi and Sith there to make it more interesting. (There must always be a balance. lol)

Sairon
04-11-2009, 01:20 PM
I like the idea as I prefer Sithys, But I think it would be easier if we just made one site with subgroups as stated.

Zero Unit
04-12-2009, 11:46 AM
One single site with subcategories seems to be the most popular route, and I tend to agree. A category for Conventions, Miscellaneous, General Discussion, etc., and then one for Jedi costuming and another for Sith costuming.

cardcollector
04-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Don't forget us grey Jedi- We will fight on either side!!!:cool:

I guess we would be an exception to each group.:roll:

Zero Unit
04-12-2009, 01:58 PM
I myself fall under that category, but, gotta work with the options here...:p

cardcollector
04-12-2009, 03:51 PM
I myself fall under that category, but, gotta work with the options here...:p

So which one would you join?
-The weak Jedi restricted by their "Code"
-The power hungry sith driven by hate?

Zero Unit
04-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Jedi, since there's more controversy associated with breaking rules, which makes for a more interesting story. As a Sith, one can do whatever one wants, so there is little moral ambiguity.

cardcollector
04-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Jedi, since there's more controversy associated with breaking rules, which makes for a more interesting story. As a Sith, one can do whatever one wants, so there is little moral ambiguity.

Very good answer... Now that I think of it that is exactly what my persona story revolves around
"ambiguity" That's a good word;)

Kal El Rah
04-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I agree that it should be on forum with sub groups. It will be alot better if you have any events to have both Jedi and Sith there to make it more interesting. (There must always be a balance. lol)

What Rhyen said !!!!!!!!!!!

bigbret50
04-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Does anyone know any software or sites that are good for free forum hosting and creating. Obviously I can't put a ton of money into this but I have a good vision of what I am trying to accomplish and I think you all will like it. Just have to put it all together.

Kal El Rah
04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
check out LDMs sig, he has his site link,.

jaiden_teed
04-16-2009, 08:26 PM
i am just popping to clear something up. the sith group/site that bigbret50 is talking of starting up will be in no way affiliated to The Jedi Collective.

TJC FOUNDER
Jaiden Teed

Darth Demens
04-17-2009, 12:53 AM
I wouldn't mind an affiliated Sith Collective, but I don't see the point in having seperate non-affiliated groups for Jedi and Sith.

Then again, having a Sith Collective seems to go against the Rule of Two anyway.

Ideal
04-17-2009, 12:59 AM
having a Sith Collective seems to go against the Rule of Two anyway.

this has come up before. why do people assume a Non-Canon group would adhere to a rule set in place during one section of time in all of the Star Wars mythos?

bigbret50
04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Sorry guys I am on vaca and have been just popping in on periodically. Right now it looks like I have 3 options.

1. Scrap the whole Sith collective because the Jedi Collective dosn't want a sister group and just not do a thing.

2. Create 1 site with both Jedi and Sith, but then this would directly compete with the jedi collective which I was trying to avoid. Again personally I don't like having a Jedi group with no Sith Group but that is just me.

3. Do just a Sith group like originally planed but without the joint forums. Or I could do my own Sith and my own jedi groups but this falls back into #2.

Anyways I should be getting back Saturday and will probably have decided what I will be doing and have a site up late Sunday. I will keep you all up to date. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am planning a costuming group/informational group and if I go through with it I think it will turn out good.

BTW I will try to explain logically the breaking of the rule of two as well. I had thought of that.

Darth Leximus
04-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Please allow me to also add something. As co-founder of the TJC I've been in communication with bret about a sith sister group to go along with the TJC. After discussion with Jaiden we decided that the best course of action would be to stick to our main goal and make the Jedi group first and then add a sith group once we see how succesful the TJC becomes. One of the reasons we decided this was because starting even one group like this is a ton of work and it goes well beyond creating a website and forums. We have put alot of time and energy into the creation of TJC and we wish to put the same effort into a sister group when the time comes. I hope you can all see why we wouldn't want an "outsider" (no offense intended bret) to create their idea of a group and just connect it to ours. We are against someone "creating" a group and just using all of our hardwork in the process.

We are in no way trying to stop Bret from creating his own sith group in the same way we created the TJC. What we DO NOT want is for people to assume that it is associated with TJC. We would also appreciate that if Bret does decide to create his own group, that he would give it an original name to seperate it from our group as to avoid confusion.

Thanks for reading

D. Lex
Co-Founder TJC

MTFBWY

bigbret50
04-17-2009, 05:02 PM
I do see your point Lex about trying to consentrate only one one side and not the other.

As we have discussed and the whole begining purpose of this thread was to see how many people liked the one group as opposed to having both being affiliated. It seems that most people thought that the two fit well and enhanced each other, hence improving the expierience.

I know if your worried about membership then more people would join a comunity that has both. I would hate to see the sucsess of the Jedi Collective go down especially with all the time you guys have put into it. I love the premiss of what you guys are doing.

My site, if I decide to go through with it, will unfortunatly be similar but I think I might be adding more to what you guys have, or have elluded to in your group.

My Vision:

Both information on Jedi and Sith.
Including Historic Sith/Jedi bios on cannon characters.
Non-canon groups for both Sith/Jedi including individual page for each member including costume photos, bio written etc.
Entertaining stories and non-canon legends written by members.
Forums page that puts it all together.

There will be a hiearchy system and people could join at different levels. If they don't want to join the costuming group then they can contribute writting non-canon stories. Masters will have to do all.

I will give out more info later. Sorry about any spelling mistakes and grammer. On my sisters laptop on vaca and need to get going before the wife gives me to much stuff.

Let me know what you all think. I like my vision and know how to put it together but feel like I might be stepping on the Jedi Collective. I guess you could always join both groups. No issue there.

Darth Demens
04-18-2009, 10:27 PM
this has come up before. why do people assume a Non-Canon group would adhere to a rule set in place during one section of time in all of the Star Wars mythos?

It was actually supposed to be more of a tongue in cheek joke.

Ideal
04-18-2009, 11:15 PM
It was actually supposed to be more of a tongue in cheek joke.

i know thats how you meant it, but that doesnt change the fact that other people seem to think it is a rule they need to stick to. hell, not even the characters that were around during the rule stuck to it. Count Dooku himself had more damn apprentices that Donald Trump

Barmic Rin
04-19-2009, 01:57 AM
i know thats how you meant it, but that doesnt change the fact that other people seem to think it is a rule they need to stick to. hell, not even the characters that were around during the rule stuck to it. Count Dooku himself had more damn apprentices that Donald Trump

They weren't Sith, only dark jedi.

Also, I don't think the sith group would 'take away' from the jedi one as long as you have similar standards for costumes and age limit, else you WILL get 14yr old 'Darth Notnice' or 'Lord Evil' joining with questions like 'how do I make a lightsaber?' or even just starting with a statement of 'I am an evil sith lord, you will all fear me!!! I will be so bad once my costume is finished.'

Sounding familiar?

sithlordfaust
04-19-2009, 01:48 PM
you see though.. through the several pages of posts on the topic, with all the debate and disagreement, why the rule of two was made. a group of sith do not work well together.

bigbret50
04-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Well back from Vaca. Registered the site and put some things in place. I am hoping to have the site and details ironed out and up by mid week. I will let you all know what and when it will be up and then if you feel like joining and submitting your SIth or Jedi outfits you can. It will be a bit of a work in progress but should be pretty cool from what I have put together already.

Feel free to let me know any questions or all of your input, or your interest. There will be age, costume, story, and saber requirements that shouls apeal to most of you.

I am trying to build a comunity not just a site so please let me know what everyone would like to see.

Thanks.

Darth Cipher
04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
so are you putting together a web based group (Forum and roleplaying thing) or a group that is suppose to physically meet and have functions?

bigbret50
04-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Not really a roleplaying thing. Just a site that you can show off your costumes, express and display any Star Wars short stories you might have written, and a comunity to talk star wars stuff.

If it turns into a meeting thing then great but that wouldn't be till we get members and see what people want to do.

bigbret50
04-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Well I decided against doing a site for a couple reasons.

1.) I started everything but In my research and putting everything together there are other sites out there doing similar things. Not as nice as what I had going on but oh well. :lol:

2.) With the Jedi COllective starting I didn't want to take away from them. I am not sure all the details but that somewhat inspired this and I felt like a heal competing with those guys.

3.)That and I really just decided not to put the time into it at this point. What's a day wasted.

4.) Didn't get a lot of excitement about it.

5.) More time for saber building. LOL

Thanks all for your comments.

scrtrunks
09-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Wait, Bret. I understand this was a while ago.

I'll list my pros and cons before I get further....
site.
a well, I can help with character building.

I can create the
but I'm still creating my first saber, so I'm not exactly the best qualified sith on here....but I'm willing to do this.

I understand that we can't tely on becoming a sister to the jedi group, but if we prove ourselves in orderly fashion, I wonder if they would change their minds.

This is not me relying on them though, this is me....begging for this light not to go out.

I agree to certain age restriction s....but...maybe create certain extraordinary circumstances (I'm 18. therefore able in the first place.) where dipping below that age limit is possible, if the young sith prove themselves.

second....anyone who signs up with anything oblivious shall be banned, with a note sent to explain why.... names like darth evil.

third, this uis a non-canion group, so you can be anybody you can dream of, as long as you don't make them god or Vader or something. there will be assigned Darth Vaders hopefully. therefore, those of you with the $600 suits or the like, won't be thrown completely out of the loop.

fourth....I hope that we can have meetings. I have seen quite a few jedi at the convention I went to, but not a sith (Gotta wait for another local convention, Blah!)
but hopefully, we'll be able to build able characters and fighting styles.

fifth, within the site, you draw up a story. you can meet up with any other sith who joins the site. some rping, but not really neccesary, but A back story is.

sixth, I hope I can have bret help me, or even take over..;..I sometimes don't have the patience to write character files. here's a guy who seems he has the idea under control :D

Please, respond to my ideas. I may not have a lot of experiance on here, but I have created various forums for all ranges of interests, mostly rps, but this could be something bigger than an RP. We could create a community. we could display our colors proudly as the sith, we don't have to wear $600 Vader costumes (Although they are exceedingly awesome) just to say we're from the Dark Side.

yes, you should have a blade, unless there are extraordinary circumstances. so I hope to receive your replies, wether good or bad.

and to the Jedi Non-canon community. I was hoping to propose a deal. you mentioned before opening up a sister community. and you wouldn't like outsiders, which is perfectly acceptable. but IF wem prove ourselves, in our alliance, we collect a great amount of incredible recruits, then we might be able to save you the trouble of creating your own. Not saying that you cannot do it yourselves, and not here to steal your glory, but as a Sith, I don't want to fight sith:D if I go to dragon, mega, or one of the numerous conventions. I'm sure that jedi don't want to fight(take pictures with, or kata) just jedi.

so maybe, instead of a sister hood, maybe a pact between the two.I know you have quality players, and I hope that we'll be able to as well.

all responses welcome.

mihunai
10-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Personally, i would love to see such a community arise, successfully.
A website is a perfect place to start things off, since its easily accessible for anyone, not just people nearby.

Plus, if there could be some arangement between the Jedi and Sith factions, some great battles and scenes could be performed on conventions.

mTm

Wolverine
10-25-2009, 08:52 PM
I'd be interested in participating in this if you get it off the ground, LMK.

bigbret50
10-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Ok, with the New Jedi Order site falling, I am thinking about re-starting this idea and combining Jedi and SIth. It will be not just a costume group but more of a non canon jedi/sith profile story comunity type thing.

I am going to look at putting some things together. KEYs would be...

1.) Have your own custom lightsaber.
2.) Have your character story (with specific guidlines)
3.) If you have a costume have photos to post.

I will post more later but I think this idea may be re inacted on.

Goltar Bias
10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Lan-Ja Hamil
10-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Sounds interesting. I of course would have to side with the Jedi.

Barmic Rin
10-29-2009, 05:42 PM
I see a bunch of kids in black T-shirts calling themselves 'Darth Vicious/Nasty/Pain/Vengeance etc etc etc.

I am in full support of these groups, though I do feel that the standards would really need to be strict for costumes. Would submissions be accepted if your costume is 'in progress'?
The Jedi collective had the problem that whilst afew members have costumes ready or near ready, there were others with costumes 'in progress' that actually meant they had a rough idea in their head, but nothing physical.

Also, would you have separate Light/Dark/Grey sections?

Would it be divided up by lightsaber colours as other sites were at one point?

Would there be a roleplaying section where all the little 'Darths' can call each other Master & 'go on missions'?

There is a great deal to consider if this is going to take off. You have to try and have it open to a good amount of people that will have an interest, but there must be some restrictions.

bigbret50
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Please see Non Jedi Profile post in the Misc section. I thought i would start a new topic since the idea has changed a bit.

BTW all very ggod points Barmic I do not want a childish little RPG group rather a page maybe similar to a Wookiepedia profile with other tabs for extra stories and photos highlighting our characters lightsaber (our hard work) and background.