PDA

View Full Version : missing Vader fx wire accents..

DJMoonbass
04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
can anybody help on how i can replace these missing wire accents on this vader blade. YES i used the addvanced search. heres the picture:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/vaderblade.jpg

as you cas see after vigourous dueling, the wire accents fell off and i lost them all. anybody know where i can get replacements or how to make new ones would be awsome.... im just looking for opinions

Novastar
04-09-2009, 09:11 PM
My opinion would be... learn what it would take to throw a few miniature LEDs in there... that would be a pimped out way to upgrade it.

GRANTED... this means you'd have to take things one step at a time and learn to solder, wire, test LEDs, etc. :)

Kal El Rah
04-09-2009, 10:24 PM
DJ, there are no replacement wires available for that. You can try what Nova suggested or just cut some correct sized wires and hotglue them in.

Gin Malinko
04-10-2009, 12:00 AM
yeah just adding your own wire in there would be the easiest thing to do, but using the holes as like a veiw into the crystal chamber or something would be awesome. like just stick one led in there to have it glow out. i think i saw that recently on a saber in the MR conversion thread...

EDIT!: here it is http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=7680

Barmic Rin
04-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Hot glue FTW

;p

Rhyen Skytracker
04-10-2009, 04:21 AM
I really like the crystal chamber idea, that would look awesome.

DJMoonbass
04-10-2009, 10:35 AM
ya i think ill go with that idea. i will just mount it in the mill and drill it out i will have to see if the blade holder there goes all the way down past those openings. but ya thanks novastar ill deffinatley do that.
Ive been soldering for a while and i know how to calculate resistors. My first LED project was the C3PO. and i do know about wiring in parrellel and in series. just a matter of applying that knowledge.;-)

Pullo
04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
I took mine out of my MR Vader and dremmelled out the hole.
Looks really good as the led sits just behind them. Pics will follow when the building is complete.