PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Council of my highschool

DJMoonbass
04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
this is the email i sent to my teacher and she jumped all over it. i needed an advisor fot he club and she loves starwars. she went crazy.

Hi my name is Justin Polachek. I am a junior at Oregon City high and i have been wanting to get a starwars Club going at OCHS ever since i was a freshman. The Clube would be called the Jedi Council. I believe you would make the best advisor because i have heard from students and teacher that you are a huge fan of starwars.

in this club/ participants would focus on lightsaber choerography and stunts, as well as the construction of there very own luxeon lightsaber. description below. (stay with me)

A luxeon Lightsaber consists of using the most advanced, innovative, and brightest LED lighting technology available today. it consist of a Single super high performance LED within the hilt making the blade removable and also the saber durable and duelable. Students at there own expense will either A: Upgrade there existing Force FX lightsaber Replica (The 100 - 120 dollar lightsaber replicas of the starwars movie lightsaber that have a relistic metal hilt and sound with a light up LED blade using just a stander LED strip [if the participant allready has one or if he wants to buy one himself]) or B: Construction of there own Lightsaber using Sinktubes, PVC, or the modular hilt systems available at www.thecustomsabershop.com. (i am a friend of the owner and known well in the forums) they will be able to choose from a variety of luxeon LEDs according to Color and brightbness intensity, as well as hilt design and blade type. expenses can be anywhere from around 50 to 300 dollars considering on the components the participant wishes to use. (fund raisers that benifit the school and club can be arranged). I can instruct all participants in the creation or conversion of these lightsabers (as i have 4converted Force FX lightsabers to Luxeon LED technology). as well as how to wire soundboards, resistors, relays and LEDs. (ive done a lot of research) there are many types of sound if the participant wishes sound in there lightsaber. from cheapest to most expensive: Cheapy hasbro booard from a walmart toy lightsaber (20.00), A force FX soundboard (50.00 -80.00), Ultrasound 2.1(115.00), and Crystal focus(120.00). each with different capabilities. the possibilites are endless and i will tutor all participants in the creation process as well as build one myself.

As the Club would begin in the winter trimester.all participants will be Padawan Learners and we would focus on the creation of a lightsaber and then filling in the 4 spots for the JEDI COUNCIL MASTERS or SITH LORDS (Depending on the preference) according to elegance and complexity of there lightsabers. after that the remaining participants will be promoted from Padawan to Knight or Sith Minion to Sith Alcolyte and be apprenticed by the masters. (i may include more masters to even out the relation between master and apprentice. A master can have but one apprentice)

the second trimester would be focusing on Choreography and dueling sequences as well as safe fencing and blade stunts (Spinning, trwirling, etc) Of which i will instruct along with otheres if they have had experience in this field.

During the last trimester of the year, The Jedi Council would request the help of the Media Center in the creation of a fully choereagraphed lightsaber battle held outside in the field. i have plenty of experience in Choreography and sequencing as i have a film with my nighbor in the process. I will purchase a special effects program to Generate realistic lightsaber blades and sounds call FXLab pro which can run on either a mac or PC.

with requests from the participants we can have movie and videogame days. also if one wishes to purchase or have help from there family in the creation of a Authentic Jedi or sith Robe, i can easily aquire instructions or sights to purchase or make one. as every Friday will be Wear Your Jedi Robe To School Day. :P

last thing is a Jedi or Sith member MUST have a JEDI or SITH name. Mine is Sylus Seynar

So please consider this as i have put a lot of thought and planning in to this and allready have a few of my friends eager to join. as always a teacher is very busy and so to make it easier for you you would chose what days to meet and how many days a week. (I prefer Two) I have included pictures and will be happy to discuss with you in person and share more photos. (and talk starwars LOL)

Tradeliphine
04-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I think it is a really cool idea, and good initiative on your part, but you really should have taken your time and written it nice and neat. Proper grammar and sentence structure go a long way when making a sales pitch, spell checker/ a dictionary is crucial too. And for someone who is so hyper here on the forums and claims to live and die by this stuff I would expect you to know that Star Wars was in fact two separate words, each capitalized due to it being a proper name. Grammar Nazi aside, good luck with it, I hope that the teacher you pitched this too wasn't an English teacher, and that it takes off.

DJMoonbass
04-09-2009, 07:59 PM
it is already agreed upon that it will happen. i spoke with the teacher and she is all over it. you should see her class... ya the typos were alot. lol. ;)

Novastar
04-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Good idea, DJ... if you and your teacher contact me--I'd be happy to send out a CD with my staged combat tutorial as a "helpful boost" to getting the club going.

Additionally... you might show some of the Balance of Power performances to show what is capable for live shows. A school + a theatre + a group/team of people can accomplish a lot. I had no one but myself mostly. :)

Ideal
04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
i had tried to start something similar at my school years back. not as focused as this one, a little more broad. i didnt get enough support to actually get it off the ground. for some reason, most of the people that would have joined seemed to think that the school would never approve it