PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

redfive1973
04-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Greetings and salutations. I'm new to the board but not to saber building. At present I am working mainly on a hardwared Qui Gon and Obi Wan sabers for myself and my best man. I shall have both ready in time for my wedding Halloween 2009 but I am still working on and tweaking the other sabers I have built. Hardest time I am having is getting a pair of emitter ears for my Luke ANH and ESB sabers done. I have tutorials and all the needed sheet metal and cutters but wondered if anyone could point out what I am missing. I just can't seem to get the dang things right. In my bought collection I have a Hasbro FX Luke ANH as well as a MR Qui Gon Jinn plus two other sabers I won on ebay in the past. My hardware collection is around 8 or 10 as some of them I ended up taking apart for others. Anyway I hope to post some pics of my work and welcome any help of those little pesky fins.

Rhyen Skytracker
04-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the forum. There are tons on information here and many expert saber smiths to get information from. I am having the same bunny ear problem myself. I am working on making some myself, but for now I just get ones from the MR Anakin ROTS and Luke ANH sabers. I will let you know as soon as I make some and will try to do a tutorial on them. Hope you find all the information you need here and most of all Have Fun! :D

DJMoonbass
04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
im currently in the process of designing some accurate ears on MASTERCAM. ill post as soon as i get the part drawn and CNC program writin. may take a few months as i am learning as i work it. :D;)

redfive1973
04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the info. Will be reading through the board to see what I can find and will be on the lookout for your posts on the fins.

Lord Preston
04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the forums!

DJMoonbass
04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
is that all you say preston? LOL :D:p;)

Lord Preston
04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
is that all you say preston? LOL :D:p;)
Mostly. That's my straight forward greeting.:p